Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept fairly well last night but woke up at around 4:00AM. I finally got up close to 5:00AM. My right shoulder was aching badly and my left ear was sore. And it is my right ear that has the little growth on it. I have an appointment with my dermatologist for that this month. What a mess!

I need to go to the market today and get a few things. I also need to pay my car registration.

Keith sent me an extra deposit I didn't expect. That was a great surprise. I get my social security tomorrow but I was very low on cash this month. I had paid my car and apartment insurance in July and that was an additional extra expense.  I even had to transfer some cash to pay my rent. My air conditioning bill was very high for July too. It was in the high 90's several days and 100 at least once. I pay that Thursday. I checked the filter yesterday afternoon and it was pretty dirty so I went up to the hardware store and bought a new filter for it. It's always something.

Next month will be even harder. My social security won't come in until the 12th.

I get my hair colored and cut this afternoon at 1:00PM.. It looks pretty bad. It badly needs the hair cut. I had just enough cash left to pay for that.  I hope Toni doesn't charge more then Kathy did.

I ate the last of Bob's pumpkin bread for my breakfast with my coffee. I have some juice I will take with my blood pressure pill. I really need to get some groceries.

I have given up my exercise class for awhile. I hope to give my right shoulder a chance to heal.

Gripe, gripe, gripe. I know....More later...perhaps less gripey.

My younger son got a job yesterday and starts today! Hooray! He is an account manager at Walden Security.

I took Missy out for awhile while I deadheaded the flowers and watered. She did pretty well. We came back in when it began to rain. Then I watched the CBS news. The picture was tearing so I streamed it online on my notebook computer.

Then I went up to the tag office and paid my registration and got my new tag sticker.  That was $120.12.

After that I went out to Walmart to get my groceries....another $27.00 and change. I noticed the "tire" icon was back on my dash so I decided to take Gary's advice and have it checked out at Dollar Tire after I finished at the market..another $15.00. It had a nail in it..sure enough. I managed to go through quite a bit of money and I still have to get my hair done after lunch.   Well, as the old saying goes, "you can't take it with you". The trouble is..I may not be "going" anytime soon.

In a little while I will eat something for lunch and then go get my hair done at 1:00. It is still raining on and off but it's only72 degrees so I am not complaining.

I will find something to eat now. So, more later... I ate the rest of my tomato basil soup. Then I finished off my last ice cream bar.

Toni called me when I went to vote and asked me to come in at noon if I could so I did. She did my color and cut and I liked it even better then when Carol or Kathy did it. And...she only charged me $35.00 for the entire thing!  I was used to paying $42.00. I tried to tell her I was used to paying $42.00 but she said it was so short and easy to do that $35.00 would be fine. Who could argue with that?

I came home and read the mail. I read the Reporter and did the crossword puzzle and then took it over to Marilyn's mailbox.There wasn't a lot in my mail'.... so more later..It's 3:35 now.

I read my Readers Digest until time for the news at 5:00PM. After that, the Schwan's man came and I put away my frozen food. Then I took my bath and Missy and I watched Amazon Prime and some old Perry Mason shows. Then at 9:00PM we both went to bed.


No comments: