Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sunday Morning 3:00AM and a Sick Cat

I took my bath later last night after I got home from the retreat. and Missy and I watched some TV until 9:30 when we went on to bed. When she came in to bed, I heard her stomach rumbling and was very apprehensive. I got up at 2:30 to go to the bathroom and take my meds and found I had no water in the bathroom sink at all. There was water in the bathtub and also the stool but nothing but a tiny trickle at the sink faucet.

Then Missy got down from the bed and went to the litter box. She tried and tried to urinate but couldn't. Then she defecated and I cleaned that up and flushed it. As I was leaving the bathroom, she was just in front of me and she vomited quite a lot in the bathroom doorway on the carpet. I grabbed a couple of wash cloths and cleaned that up and used my "Resolve" to clean the carpet afterward. I found two more small places..one down the hall and one in the living room. I cleaned those up too. Then I did not go back to bed. There was no use. I am doing what little laundry I had in the basket this morning. ...including all of my wash cloths.

Missy acts sick now but her nose is cold. Poor baby. I guess Monday I will have to take her back to the vet. I don't know what else he can do. I have given her all her injections of antibiotics and she has been fine. But this evening/morning she is vomiting again.

More later...

Kelly was just kidding me. He did pick up my jacket before he left the campgrounds. He and Leslie were just giving me a hard time. I was so tired, I didn't catch on.

I spent the afternoon on the congregational newsletter and sending out those and a birthday card.

Now it is 4:10PM.  I had put her food up on the cabinet when I went on to church.  I left her the water. She did not vomit while I was gone. After church, Phyllis F and I went over to "Just Us" to eat. Bob went to dinner with Joanne and Nancy, Joanne's daughter. We all took our own cars to church.

In a couple of hours I will eat the last of my yogurt. Then at 7:00PM, I will take my bath and put my PJs on and watch TV or Amazon Prime until 9:00PM or so. Then we will go to bed. Tomorrow I will call Dr. Barta and ask him about feeding Missy some soft food that she may be able to chew better. Then maybe she won't "lose it". I may have to cancel my carpet cleaning if Missy can't keep her food down. No sense having the carpet cleaned just to have it soiled by her.

More later...

I went to bed a little after 9:00PM and Missy soon joined me.

No comments: