Thursday, October 4, 2018

Thursday and Ministerial Alliance at Noon

I slept very well last night. No pain in my right arm...that always helps. I got up just before 5:00 and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I fed Missy and myself and had my coffee and a cup of Chai Latte.

I have been giving Missy a little soft food each morning with her treats and her regular Iams food. So far, so good. No more vomiting. She seems to want the regular food over the soft food although she eats both.

I just had a text from Bob. He says we have had lots of rain. I hadn't even looked out. I wonder if that will complicate my already complicated day. I have alliance meeting at noon and need to be in Independence at 1:00. Ia asked Judy to take over the minutes at 12:30 so I could leave the meeting then. She agreed to do that.  I hope to get to Independence to pick up Juanita at 1:00 and I hope it won't be raining. She is blind and that would complicate things.

More later...

I went on to the alliance meeting and stayed until 12:30 and then Judy took over the notes from me. I left and quickly drove on to Bartlesville after I picked up Juanita in Independence. It was not raining..thank goodness! It's always a major production getting her in and out of the car to go anywhere since she is blind. We got right in at the Clinic though and they checked out her pacemaker. They gave us the appointments for next time and I gave them to Juanita to put in her purse. I will pick her up next Wednesday to take her to the Dr. Dystria office at the Independence Physician's building. At least that is in Independence although there's still the production of getting her in and out of the car. She mostly sits and listens to TV and so when she does move to go anywhere she is very weak and is easily exhausted.

She has decided to go to the Chicago area where her son and daughter-in-law live and stay at least a month while she decides whether she wants to stay for good. She really should. She is blind and all alone in Independence except for her step daughter and her husband and they are in about the same shape she is in health wise. They do have their sight though.

We got there in plenty of time and she got right in and out very well.  Afterward, she wanted me to stop at a Sonic in Dewey so she could buy us banana milkshakes. Then she gave me $10.00 for the trip. I hated to take it but she insists. When we got back to Independence, she gave me $100 to go in Walmart there and pick up her meds. They were slightly over $95.00. Then she wanted me to open her mail and read what it was to her. I put away her jacket and her cane when we got into the house..

I got home about 5:30PM this afternoon and spent the evening typing up the minutes.  Judy had been good enough to put the minutes on my door so when I got home I would have them. I really appreciate that. I spent the next hour typing them up and running them off for the secretary/treasurer notebook.

On the other hand, for the first time in weeks, Missy wet on the bathmat/floor in the bathroom. I don't know what that was all about...just carelessness, I guess. I will mop it with disinfectant in the morning. I washed it with a clean cloth tonight. I will also mop the kitchen in the morning. Cyndi will come Saturday afternoon around 3:00PM to vacuum for me. I am meeting Gay in Chanute tomorrow at 11:00AM and we are going to drive over to Humboldt for lunch at the new Opies Restaurant there.

I have had my bath now and have my PJs on so I guess Missy and I will watch some Amazon Prime TV. This morning I watched last night's CBS news with Jeff Glor on that program.

We will probably go on to bed at 9:00PM or so. I am exhausted.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Busy and helping others,

Margie's Musings said...

That's what we are supposed to do. We are God's hands.

Thanks for the comment!