Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Wednesday and Bunco at the Senior Center

I slept fairly well last night. I got up about 4:45AM., dressed and fed myself and Missy. I gave a her a little of that soft food and a little of her regular Iams crunchy food . That seemed to work.  At least it is staying down so far.

In a little while I will take Missy outside. Right now she is in the living room doorway waiting for daylight..  I am watching the Tulsa news. It is off and on (thanks to the antenna in my attic) but I can get the gist of it.

I intend to go to the senior center this afternoon for Bunco. This morning I will just  putter and at noon will eat one of my Schwans meals. After that  at 1:00PM I will leave for the senior center.

I asked Alexa to turn on the lamp this morning and it turned on but immediately went off. I reset the Echo a couple of times and then realized the bulb was probably out and changed it out. That's what it was alright. Immediately the lamp came on with the new bulb.

More later...Missy is patiently waiting for the chance to go outside.

I took Missy outside for awhile but it was too windy for her and she wanted back in so I opened the door for her and she rushed back inside.

I spent the rest of the morning reading my new book club book. It is "Nomadland"...very interesting! It's about the thousands of people who live in trailers and RVs and travel America  taking numerous low income minimum wage jobs to exist. They can't  afford rent and utilities and work these minimum wage jobs because they have often lost everything duringr the 2008 "recession".  They buy a cheap travel trailer and go from minimum wage  job to minimum wage  job. That's how they live. Their social security has not kept up with the cost of living costs. This way their primary expenses are food, vehicle repairs and gasoline.  I am a quarter of the way through the book. Many of these folks have worked for Amazon and picking fruit but have had to give that up because of the pain of repetitive motion injuries from the nature of the work.

I can relate after losing so much that way myself.

At 1:00PM I went to Bunco at the senior center.  I got home about 2:30PM from that.

I heard from Keith yesterday during game day lunch and he has planned to buy my flight ticket for my trip to Phoenix in November. I don't exactly know how that will work out. (how I will get to the airport and home afterward) since John and Leslie are planning to go too.  They plan to use Delta, (if Keith is correct) and I will be using United. I am to leave on the 12th  and come home on the 15th. I guess they will work that out somehow.  I dread flying. It isn't the flights I dread. It is making the connections. I have had some pretty harrowing experiences in the past including the loss of my luggage and it's return at 11:30PM at night. I hope this flight will be straight through.

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and Missy and I watched Amazon Prime until 9:00PM  when we went to bed. Before I went to bed I took an Aleve for the pain in my right arm..

No comments: