Friday, November 30, 2018

Friday and Dusting

I slept very well again last night. I did get up at 4:15AM but I had my sleep out. I had fallen asleep on the sofa watching TV with Missy and finally just got up, turned off the TV and went on to bed.

I have dressed and fed Missy. I will have my own breakfast after I get finished getting my face on and my eyes in. I want to dust today. I got the apartment vacuumed and the floors washed yesterday but then I played out. I had fixed a pot of chili and I had Marilyn over to share it. I have plenty left so I will have it again and perhaps freeze the rest.

I hope my new DVD player comes today so I can see if I can hook it up. I am having the Living the Questions group over here Sunday night.

I'll get back to this later...after breakfast.

Well, I have begun my dusting. I have had my oatmeal and am ready for the day.

I have also been going through stuff I have saved a hard copy on and deciding whether to shred those or not. I have shredded quite a bit already. I have put my living will in that pink envelope with a magnet that is hanging on the side of my frig. That way, in the event something happens to me, they will have that.

As Bob A always says, I no longer buy green bananas. never hurts to be prepared. John R. was only two years older than me. And we went to his funeral on Wednesday.

More later.. I'd better get back to the dusting or I won't get finished.

I got the dusting finished  and went out to Walmart to get the prizes for the Bunco game next Wednesday. It is my turn to provide them.  

Then I tried to get my TV antenna turned so that it would no longer tear. The wind had evidently turned it so it could no longer point toward Tulsa. Evidently the antenna wire had wound around the pole and that kept it from being able to be adjusted with the rotor. I messed with it the better part of an hour and finally gave up and called Leslie to see if John could bring his ladder and turn it manually. She told me his ladder was left here next to my apartment. Sure enough, it was.

I started to climb on the roof myself and Maureen, my neighbor to the east, came over and said I should not do that. She was afraid I would fall. I went across the street and asked Merrill to come do it and he was happy to do that. Now, at least, I have a picture again. I gave him the chili I had left over after yesterday's lunch and he was happy to have it, He told me about the smothered steak at the Dearing Drive In any time the month has five Fridays. I went out there and bought one to bring home. It was very good but way too much food for me. I ate most of it. Then I had an ice cream bar for dessert. I should have polished off that apple brown betty. Maybe I will have that tonight.

So far, my DVD player has not come. Maybe it will come at 2:00PM with the regular mail. I hope!

More later....

The DVD player came with the 2:00PM mail. I opened it and read the instructions but they were Greek to me. I contacted Leslie and asked her if she could come install it for me and she said they were delivering feed but would come do that after they finished. About 4:00PM, they showed up.  John stayed outside. They both had manure on their shoes but Leslie took hers off.

After some consternation, Leslie got the DVD player programed.  Then we had to reset the antenna on the roof again. We did find that it could be rotated by keeping the little rotator button down until the antenna was pointing south and we could align it toward Tulsa that way. 

Later we had a huge thunderstorm come up and I don't know if I can watch TV now or not without realigning the antenna again but I was able to watch Amazon Prime and at 9:00PM, Missy and I went to bed. It had been an exhausting day and I had fallen asleep on the sofa again.

No comments: