Saturday, December 1, 2018

Saturday and a Craft Shopping Day

I slept through the night and through the storm until 4:00AM and I awoke refreshed so I just got up. I have dressed and am going to get myself ready for the day and feed myself and Missy, I am to meet Leslie at 8:15 in Independence and we are going to take in the three craft shows in Independence this morning beginning with the one at the museum. Then there is one at the Episcopal Church and one at the Methodist Church. It may take all morning to see all three. They are usually very interesting.

So more later...

O.K. I have dressed, fed Missy and myself and had my coffee and Chai Latte.   It's only about 5:55AM now so I have plenty of time before meeting Leslie at 8:15AM. At 6:00AM, I am going to watch the CBS news. Surprisingly I have TV this morning. I thought the storm might have turned the antenna.

More even later...

I see on the news that George H.W. Bush has died at age 94.  There was quite a bit of storm damage in Oklahoma and of course, Alaska had a 9.0 earthquake yesterday..  That will take a while to recover from.

It's only 6:31AM now so I still have awhile until I meet Leslie for the craft shows.

Missy is in on the bed napping. She hadn't even tried to go out this morning. She must realize it's chilly or maybe she realizes it's still dark out. It is 52 degrees this morning. The weather can't seem to decide whether it's fall or winter. It looks like around Monday it will be back to 37 degrees.

Back later ...after the craft shows.

Leslie bought a few things at the craft show and I bought a centerpiece for my coffee table. Besides that, Leslie bought us Chai latte at Anna Mae's and a huge wonderful banana pecan muffin. We looked around there at the room full of games, etc. I still want to buy the Twist game for the little girls. They will enjoy that. After Leslie left me, I went out to Walmart and did a little Christmas shopping and then over to Goodys to get two more. The hardware store has a neat gift area and I got a couple more things there.

When I got home, I wrapped those things and put them under the tree. It looks a lot more like Christmas in there now. I will take Sage's gift to church tomorrow to give to Leslie to include with her package.

I had a "Happy Birthday" coupon from Arby's so I went up there and got a Reuben sandwich. It was free. All I had to do was buy a small drink. That was a nice lunch although I could only eat half of it. I brought the rest home and put it in the frig.

I wonder if the mailman has come. I will go look...so more later...





Image may contain: plant

One 800 Flowers just delivered these. I can hardly wait until they open. Scott and Ginger sent them for my birthday tomorrow! When they open, I will take another photo.

I read all afternoon and at 7:00PM I took my bath and Missy and I watched the rest of the football game between Georgia and Alabama.

After that, we watched   some Amazon Prime TV until 9:00PM when we went to bed.



No comments: