Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Day at Last!

I slept wonderfully last night and only woke up once and even then, got right back to sleep. I finally got up at 5:00AM, my usual time to get up. I have made the bed, dressed and eaten my oatmeal and drunk my juice and watched the Tulsa news and will start my corn casserole at 9:00AM. It's only 7:00AM now so I have awhile to  work on the blog etc. I may put my salad back in the mixing bowl and add the miniature marshmallows. I forgot to put them in yesterday. I'll mull that over.

I opened the gift from Scott and Ginger and it was a lovely candle. I will enjoy using it to make my apartment smell great. I have texted them my "thank you" but they must be sleeping in. I haven't heard a word from them yet.

I am looking forward to Christmas dinner. I ended up eating not much of anything but breakfast yesterday. I was just too busy. I had a breakfast bar in the evening while I watched "A Christmas Carol".

So, more later....

I did add the miniature marshmallows to the salad.  Then I baked the corn casserole which turned out to be very good. I was ready to leave for John and Leslie's at 9:30AM, pie, corn casserole and Waldorf salad in hand.  I also took Jeff and Cyndi's gifts.

John and Leslie gave me a really neat turtle for my turtle collection.  My kids used to give me turtles for that collection but after several years, they stopped. This one is really neat! Leslie picked it up on our trip to Arizona in November.

Our meal was really good. Jeromy gave us the ham that the refinery gave him and it was excellent, Leslie fixed that and some really special scalloped potatoes, crescent rolls and a really good pumpkin pie...which we had to wait until after the game time to eat. Cyndi brought a really tasty green bean dish and Jeff fixed some water chestnuts wrapped in bacon..yum! I donated the salad, corn casserole and pecan pie which I had bought at the Tyro store and was baked by an Amish woman over at Parsons. It too was scrumptious. Leslie made a special hot tea with something scrumptious in it. She also made slush made with eggnog and it had real rum nog in it. I didn't know that and ended up drinking/eating three glasses of it. They were concerned about my driving home.😉

After dinner we five played Tractoroply. I won. That's Cyndi on the left, John in the middle, then Leslie leaning in and finally on the near right...that's me.  Jeff took the photo!

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor
There's Jeff and me..
Image may contain: Margie Miller, sitting and indoor
Leslie took that photo.

I didn't eat another thing all day. I don't know where I would put it! After the game we finally had room for the pie. I brought a piece of the pecan pie and one of the pumpkin home with me.

And I brought home enough leftovers for the rest of the week!

I went to Marilyn's to visit for awhile after I got everything put away. Then I came back home, took my bath and got my PJs on and lay down on the sofa to watch Nova on Amazon Prime. Needless to say, I fell asleep on the sofa and finally got the bed ready for bed and came in here to finish the blog.

So, good night! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

What a wonderful day. Glad you were able to rest.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you..I did well!