Monday, December 24, 2018

Monday and Another Big Day

I slept well last night and got up close to 6:00AM..unusual for me. I dressed and got myself ready for the day, ate my oatmeal for breakfast and had a couple of cups of Chai.

I decided to take down my tree and put away my Christmas decorations. I will be going to John and Leslie's tomorrow so will enjoy their decorations.  Then after I got everything put away, I vacuumed again.

By then it was time to go over to Tyro and pick up the pecan pie. I called first to be sure when he would be there. He suggested after lunch so that's when I went. I picked up the pie and visited with him a bit then called Leslie to see if she was home. I wanted to take that pie out to her since that would keep me from having to take it out tomorrow along with my corn casserole and the fruit salad.  She was willing and had been cleaning house in preparation for Christmas dinner tomorrow.

When I got out there and took the pie in, she needed me to stay and help her get the extra leaves in her table. She needed someone to hold one end while she tugged on the other end to open the table larger for more leaves. I did that and then we got some folding chairs from the attic and the table all set with tablecloth, Santa place mates, Christmas dishes, and tableware. It looked lovely.

Then I came back home to make up my fruit salad. It's apples, grapes, raisins, celery and pecans. All sliced up small and dressed with mayonnaise. I got that all done and covered with saran and in the frig to set overnight. Tomorrow, I will just make up my corn casserole, bake it, and get out there by 10:30. We will open gifts first and after we eat, Jeromy and his family will take off for Topeka to Marlene's family dinner that evening.

This is my grandson, Jerod and his new fiance, Stephanie.

 Image may contain: 2 people, including Jerod Reese Miller, people smiling, people standing and outdoor
Nice looking couple.

In the morning I will open that gift from Scott and Ginger. I have saved it until Christmas time.

I am very tired. It has been a huge day. It's 6:00PM and I hope to stay up until 9:00PM. That may be a challenge!

I started watching a favorite Christmas story "A Christmas Carol" and managed to stay up until 10:00PM..when I finally went to bed.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Your grandson reminds me of your son, Scott. You seem to be sleeping a little better.
I sure hope so. Merry Christmas.

Betty said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Sandy Ann said...

Merry Christmas Miss Margie. I enjoy your blog.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, gals! Yes, Jerod looks a lot like his dad. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy New Year!

marlu said...

Thank you for sharing your "doings" in your blog. I enjoy all your activities and seeing your family. Merry Christmas to all!