Friday, December 7, 2018

Friday and Lunch in Chanute

Today is the day I will drive up to Chanute to have lunch with my long time friend, Gay, and her friends.

I had quite a night! Missy woke me up at 11:30PM and again at 1:30AM. She was choking! I picked her up and put her on the afghan I cover up with when it's very cold in the apartment. She never did throw up. She got it down when I picked her up. Still off and on all the rest of the night I could hear her stomach rumbling. I was dreading having to wash that bedspread again. I have had to do that twice already at the laundromat.  It gets expensive!  I finally just got up about 4:00AM. This will be a long day.

I have dressed and got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself. I see on the TV that they have taken the snow out of our area. It went south I guess.

More later....

I went out a few minutes ago and bought gasoline.  It is 28 degrees out there. Standing out there pumping that gas was a real blast...of cold air.

I think I am going to have to buy a new router. All of it's lights don't light up and I am getting a weak signal. Last night I couldn't get Amazon Prime. The signal was too weak. I also had to reboot the Echo to get it to finally work.

I am going to Chanute in a little while to meet Gay and her group for lunch. I need to start that way about 10:30AM.

I just contacted Cox, my internet provider and they say they are experiencing problems in my area. Perhaps that is the reason my router is not lighting up altogether.. I will check with them to see if the difficulty started last night when I could not get enough of a signal to get Amazon Prime clearly.

They said it was a problem last night as well. I am so glad my equipment was not the problem. They have been trying to get me to update my equipment but as long as what I have works, I will not update my modem and router.  That would cost me some big money.

More later...

They got our internet working again earlier then they said. That's good! I will be able to watch my Amazon Prime this evening.

I had a good visit with Gay and her friends and did some more of my Christmas shopping too while I was in Chanute.  I got Ginger's gift. Now I only have the boy's and I will go to Bartlesville tomorrow and get that finished up and in the mail.

I read my book after I got home from Chanute. Then at 7:00PM I took my bath and Missy and I watched TV until bedtime. We went to bed  at 9:00PM.

No comments: