Thursday, December 6, 2018

Thursday and a Long Day

I awoke at 1:15 this morning with Missy tapping on me to get up. She must have been hungry. Anyhow, I bawled her out and she curled up and went back to sleep and so did I...thankfully.

I got up sometime after 4:00AM...closer to 5:00AM. I dressed and got ready for the day. I fed Missy and then myself. I just had a little dab of oatmeal....not much left. I will need to get another box.

I got everything done yesterday so I don't have a plan. We are forecast for snow starting tomorrow night and into Saturday. Seeing it is believing it.   I plan to go to Chanute tomorrow to have lunch with Gay and her gang. I hope it doesn't move in earlier.

Bob just texted me to go have breakfast. It's a good thing I ate very little. That sounds good to me.

I guess I will work on my Christmas cards today. It's too cold to go anywhere and before I can do any more Christmas shopping, I will need to wait for my social security on the 12th ...Wednesday of next week. I transferred some money from my savings to help pay my rent. I will transfer it back to my savings when my social security comes in.  Time to go get Bob. Back to this later...

Bob bought my breakfast and we had a good visit.

I came home and watched the second George H.W. Bush funeral...the one in Houston. He really was a good man. No one had anything bad to say about him.  It was all good. He was well loved by family and friends.

It's lunchtime but so far I am not hungry.

I have balanced my checkbook and am doing fine with that. If the weather holds, I will go to Chanute tomorrow for lunch with Gay and her friends.

More later...

My younger son and his wife's incredible new home..being built now.

The home...

Image may contain: house, sky and outdoor

Living room..
 Image may contain: indoor

Their land...

 Image may contain: tree, grass, sky, outdoor and natureImage may contain: tree, grass, sky, outdoor and nature

Their kitchen..

Image may contain: kitchen and indoor

Image may contain: tree, grass, sky, outdoor and nature
I worked up a sermon just in case our guest minister can't come for Sunday because of snow.

So, I have been a lot busier then I thought I would be.

Also heard from my younger son that he got a new job and will start after the first of the year. Furthermore, it's twice the money he was getting for his present job.

I had trouble with my router this evening. The lights are not all lighting up so my signal is weak. I dealt  with my Echo trying to get Alexa to turn off the lamp and rebooted twice but still the signal is weak. I may have to buy a new router. It's always something.

Missy and I went to bed about 9:00PM. I was very tired.


4 comments:

Donna. W said...

You and I get paid the same day. Cliff gets his (much larger) Social Security money a week later. We will get the propane paid for Wednesday, and the doctor bill the next. Then we should be able to get back to normal.

Margie's Musings said...

My husband, and even my brother-in-law, got theirs on the 3rd of the month.

Galla Creek said...

We get ours 3rd Wednesday.

The house is stunning. Hope Scott lives this job.

Galla Creek said...

Loves