Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Wednesday and Laundry and Bunco

Today I am doing laundry.

I slept through the night last night. That is amazing in itself.

I stripped my bed this morning and washed sheets and the little laundry I had besides that. They are in the dryer now. I will do my bare floors this morning in hopes Cyndi can vacuum for me this afternoon. If she can't, I will do it myself after Bunco this afternoon. The arm is much better anymore but I always vacuum with my left arm to protect the right arm anyhow.

I have dressed for the day and fed Missy and myself.

Scott called to tell me that after he changed his e-mail address he lost his u tube account and therefore the video of his dad's interview with the TV station in Joplin/Pittsburg is gone now. He wanted me to post mine back up there but I had given mine to Leslie. She is burning both Scott and me a new copy. You folks may recall that the Red Cross deployed my husband to 9/11 as a chaplain after that disaster, and he stayed three weeks and went back again in January for four more weeks. The TV station videoed his interview with them after he returned home the first time. Two years ago, Scott obtained two copies of that interview and posted his on u tube. I gave mine to my daughter, Leslie.

I worked for an hour or so last night on my class newsletter. It's far from finished but I won't send it out until after Christmas..usually between Christmas and New Years Day.

I got all my cleaning done this morning before 10:00AM. I even vacuumed... using my left arm. I held the cord with my right arm. It worked! Cyndi was going to try to get to it for me but she had a trip to Grove to take some patients down there at 4:00AM this morning and I knew she would be too tired to mess with it when she got back. 

I will play Bunco this afternoon from 1:00PM until 3:00PM. I bought my prizes for that game this past week but then Marilyn said Belva was in charge of prizes this month so I hope to keep the little Christmas cactus' alive until January. I will water them when they dry out.

I changed the water in my new flowers this morning and put fresh minerals in the water. They are really opening up well now.

More later...

I want to go to the market and get some more cornbread mix to eat with my beans this noon.

So I'd better get with it. I left the vacuum out in the bedroom where Missy is sleeping. After she is out of there, I will run it and then put it away.

More even later....

I got the rest of the vacuuming done after Missy moved off the bed.

I also ate some more of my beans and cornbread. This time I made cornbread muffins. I still have some so I may eat them again or even offer them to Karan.  I have to eat something tomorrow and they are healthy.

By the way, I heard on the CBS news this evening that Valsartan and Amlodipine blood pressure meds have trace amounts of a carcinogen in them and are being recalled. I take amlodipine and will bring this to the attention of my pharmacy tomorrow. I just ordered a refill this morning. Check your meds.

I laid on the sofa this evening with Missy and watched TV. At 7:00PM, I took my bath and put my PJs on and prepared for the evening and then went on to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: