Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sunday and My Birthday

I woke up at 1:00AM to the sound of Missy choking. She threw up on my bed before I could get her off. I took the coverlet off the bed and got down a quilt that the Sanfords gave me after Rosie died and I did her funeral. I put that on the bed. Then I walked around the apartment  and looked for any other catastrophes before trying to go back to bed and back to sleep. I then went into the den and pulled the trundle out and brought my pillow in and went to bed there. Amazingly I managed to get back to sleep.

I woke again at 4:15AM and just got up and fed Missy her soft food and got myself ready for the day. She seems to be keeping that soft food down alright. She had been eating the Iams that I had ground up into tiny pieces and drinking water to wash it down. That is what she threw up. I don't know what I am going to have to do to keep that from happening again.

I am going to have to get some quarters at the market and go back to the laundromat and wash and dry that coverlet again. I have forgotten how many quarters that takes. I will also have to take some detergent. And I have also forgotten how many quarters it takes to dry that coverlet. I will have to check that out this afternoon. The bank is closed and so quarters will be hard to come by if the market can't spare any.  If I can find enough here and there, I will do that laundry this afternoon. .

This is a big day. I will fix my coffeecake for the Church School class this morning and then after lunch at the Railroad Inn, take whatever may be left to Marilyn and Bob and fix my dessert for tonight. Wouldn't you know, I have the Living the Questions group tonight at 7:00PM.  This has been a wild week after the mess with the DVD player. Thanks goodness, Leslie managed to program that for me.

More later...Sure flowers are beginning to open!

Image may contain: plant and indoor

The coffeecake is finished and also glazed and ready for the Church School class.  I will pick up Bob and Phyllis at 9:00AM and take the coffee cake with me.

More later...

The Church School went fine and the coffeecake went over well too. I brought some home and gave one piece to Bob A. and four to John and Leslie. They had taken me to the Railroad Inn for lunch afterward and Bob A. and Phyllis F. went too. We had a good lunch and the restaurant gifted me with their homemade ice cream afterward for my birthday. We four shared it.

My cousin's widower,  Everett Johnson, just called and sang Happy Birthday to me! That was a nice surprise! He has stayed in touch from time to time even though my cousin died a few years ago. He and his older daughter, Tricia, usually come visit me each year over Memorial Day weekend!

After I came home and got my newsletters finished and then started on my apple brown betty. I got that out of the oven about 15 minutes before the group came.We had a good discussion and after I served the apple brown betty, I gave the rest of it to Mona and Richard.  She seemed delighted. It was very good and I served it with vanilla ice cream and peach tea. They all left about 9:30PM and I took my bath and laid down with Missy on the sofa to watch some Amazon Prime TV. I must have gone to sleep immediately. I awoke at 10:30PM and went on to bed. Missy soon followed me and I slept until 2:00AM when I got up to go to the bathroom and took my med and then went right back to sleep until 5:00AM.
It was a long busy day!


Sister--Three said...

Happy birthday, Margie !

Betty said...

Happy Birthday!

marlu said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you girls! I appreciate that!