Sunday, December 9, 2018

Sunday and Church

I slept very well again last night and got up at 4:50AM,... nearly 5:00AM, my regular time to get up.

I am dressed and ready for the day. I have yet to feed Missy and myself and she is ready for breakfast. So before I go any further, I had better get her fed. She gets grouchy if she has to wait.

O.K. We are both full now and now ready for the day. 

I hope Vivian comes to preach this morning at church. She will be there if the weather holds and it s only cold. I feel woefully unprepared to take over.  I am presiding and I have a sermon ready but I only did it a couple of days ago and I am not too confident in it. It is 28 degrees this morning. I haven't looked out yet to see if it snowed or even rained.

I took a zinc lozenge this morning. Friday, at lunch in Chanute, I sat next to Adele, Gay's sister, and she had a cold. I woke up with a slightly sore throat.

More later...

I have all my out-of-town gifts packed and ready to be mailed off. I just have to get some package wrapping tape at the Dollar General store today and then put a label on each the boxes and take them to the post office in the morning. I had to put Ginger and Scott's in separate boxes. I didn't have a box large enough for both to be packed together. They're not so large but Ginger's is deeper then Scott's. I did have one box to pack both Esther's and Keith's together.

Bob has frost on his windshield and it's very cold out to try to scrape windows at our age so I plan to drive to church this Sunday. I will call Phyllis at 8:00AM. It's 21 degrees out now.

More even later...

 I drove today. Vivian, and her daughter, Melinda did show up today. Vivian preached. and did a good job. I struggled with the presiding.  I don't know why. I just had too much material, I guess. I should know better.

We went to lunch at Great China and had a good lunch. We all took some home for later. After I took Karan back to her car at church and Bob back to his apartment, I came back home to do the congregation's newsletter. I have six out on the mailbox.

I need to get my boxes of gifts taped and ready to be mailed tomorrow morning. So I may get back to this later...

I read my book all afternoon. I really am having a time getting into it.  It just isn't my type of book. It is called "The Red Garden". I had never heard f it.

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and watched Amazon Prime all evening.  I actually fell asleep during the program so I missed some of it.

At 9:00PM, Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: