Thursday, December 13, 2018

Thursday and Breakfast Out

Bob A. and I had breakfast at Eggberts this morning. We try to get together about once a week at 7:00AM to trade news. He told me about Joanne's various health problems.  Her daughters came to town yesterday to take her to the doctor and hear hat he had to say about her health. He didn't go over during the day so they could visit with their mother. He went over in the evening to watch the CBS news and also visit with the daughters.

I am so glad Cyndi vacuumed for me yesterday. I swept leaves off the carport and there were a ton of them. I had intended to get some large trash bags and clean up as many as I could but it rained this morning.  So I won't be doing that.

I slept fairly well last night. But I got up about 4:00AM  I fed Missy and got myself ready for the day.

Then I went by to pick up Bob. After we finished breakfast, I took him over to my apartment to pick up the blood pressure cuff he had given me years ago. His quit working and he is supposed to be keeping track of his blood pressure. I seldom use it so I gave it back to him. Then I took him back to his home.

It has been raining and I would like to clean up those leaves but it isn't going to happen now. The TV is working fairly well this morning. It took me awhile to get it adjusted so I could watch it. It tears occasionally but not enough to bother me.....and it's free.

More later...

I have been reading the Book Club book. It is called "The Red Garden". I consider it kind of strange and really not interesting to me at all. It's about the history of a family dating back to the 1700's and I just do not find it interesting. I have tried to get "into" it but it just doesn't work for me.  But I am plugging along with it, taking notes along the way. It is cold and damp outside. It was raining earlier. I did go out and sweep the leaves into a box I have on the carport. It's a mess out there.

More later...

It has rained all day and is really a mess out there. I made up my chicken stew and ate some of it, took some to Marilyn and the rest to Wayne and Merrill. They gave me ham and beans at Wayne's so I will have some more beans for supper tomorrow. I am out of yogurt for supper but it's too messy to go out again to get more.

I did the crossword puzzle in the Reporter and took the paper over to Marilyn's mailbox. I also lay on the sofa and watched some more Amazon Prime with Missy. I fell asleep for a little while which is alright since I haven't hadn't had a good night's sleep last night.

More later...the CBS news is on now...

My son posted this showing where they are starting to prepare their land. Phooey! It was a video and I couldn't copy the photo..maybe later...


I watched the news and then took my bath and fed Missy her treats and supper and then got my PJs on and got ready for bed. I read some more and then once again watched some more Amazon Prime TV until 9:00PM when Missy and I went on to bed. It had rained most of the day and I only went out once or twice. Once to pick up Bob for breakfast and another time to go up to Country Mart to buy a can of biscuits. 


No comments: