Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Wednesday and Another Sleepless Night

I woke up at 2:00AM and went to the bathroom and took my med but then I couldn't get back to sleep. My printer is acting up and every once in awhile when I am printing envelopes, it won't print one. I have to turn the printer off and back on again and then it will print that envelope.

I have this eight page class newsletter to print off with 62 copies for the classmates who do not have internet. The others, I hope to be able to send out by e-mail. There are 624 pages to print off...actually. 312 to stuff into envelopes since I print on both sides. (4 pages in each envelope). It's a big job but it's only once a year.  I have just page 8 left to fill (the back of page 7) and then I can start printing them off.

I got up at 2:30AM this morning and printed off the 63 envelopes for those without e-mail. I will need a nap, that's for sure. I went to bed and to sleep at 9:00PM so that's approximately 5 hours sleep. Luckily, I don't have too much to do today. Cyndi will vacuum for me and I will just do the bare floors...that's the kitchen and bathroom. Then I will dust again. Even with forced air electric heating and cooling, I get a lot of dust. I change the filter regularly or it would be even worse.

More later...

It's been a tough day with Missy. This afternoon was pretty nice and she has really wanted to be outside so I let her out while Merrill and I were trying to get the antenna adjusted. While I was visiting with Merrill, she sneaked off and ran away. When he went home, I started looking for her. I spent three quarters of an hour looking for her. Cyndi came while that was going on and looked for a while too but Merrill came back over and joined the hunt so Cyndi went on in the apartment and vacuumed the carpet. I was just coming back from going around calling her when Merrill and Cyndi came around the building. Merrill had found her and convinced her to come back home. He put her in the apartment. I was really afraid she would get out on Lewark or even the highway and get run over. But she was fine. She napped in the late afternoon and ate some supper. I watched some Amazon Prime and she was sleeping on my bed.

I worked some more on my class newsletter.

Soon Missy came in to watch with me but I was ready to go to bed by that time. Then I heard her throw up in my hall. I got my Resolve and a clean damp towel and cleaned that up.  Darn cat! I know she can't help it but I just hope she doesn't throw up on my bed again tonight. I don't want to have to wash and dry that coverlet again. 

At 9:00PM, I took my chances and went on to bed.

No comments: