Monday, January 7, 2019

Monday and Beginning Packing

I slept fitfully last night. I had so much running through my mind about this move. I did work up a budget using the figures for the utilities that the neighbor on the other side of the duplex gave Suzanne as her charges. After I talked to Keith and heard his concerns, I worked up a budget and sent it to him to show him I probably had plenty of income for the move if I was careful. And I will be careful!

I got up even earlier then usual and after I ate breakfast and got myself ready for the day,  I packed two boxes of older sheets and towels, keeping just what I would need for this last three weeks here. I also started a bag of stuff to give to the Presbyterian Church for their thrift shop.

I watched the news and then went over to the Dollar General store to buy a cake mix. I had a pan and I had icing too. I have my cake for tomorrow to take to the First Christian Church in Independence. I will take them up these next three weeks and then Bob will begin taking them up. He can visit with his sister, Betty, while he's up there. I will bring mine over when I go to the beauty shop on Tuesdays  and Bob and I may move our breakfast day to Tuesday from Thursday just to catch up on the news. I will also go to the bank while I am in Coffeyville.

I did a load of laundry this morning while I have a washer and dryer. When I make my move I will go to the laundromat over there at Caney.  I only do laundry two times a week anyhow.

I'd better go check my cake. More later..

O.K. the cake is out of the oven and cooling. I will ice it after it cools.

Leslie is evidently on her way to Nebraska to deliver the last puppy all by herself. I hope she took Cyndi with her. John is still sick.

While the cake cools, I will do some more packing.

I got the cake iced and Phyllis brought over her cake. I asked her if she would like to go with me to Caney to take some boxes over and she could see my new apartment.  She wanted to go. I told her we would leave at 11:30AM and I picked her up then. I had five boxes packed.

When we got over there, Steve and Suzanne were there and Steve was doing a small patching job in the bathroom. Suzanne showed Phyllis the apartment again and Phyllis was impressed. After we brought in the boxes and put them in that closet with shelves in the bedroom, we went out to Eggberts and had a good lunch. Then we came back to Coffeyville and I took Phyllis home.  I spent the afternoon on the phone getting the Westar Energy set up and the Atmos Energy too. I ran into a glitch with Cox. There is only one cable connection and it is in the living room so I will have to have them put a connection in the den so I can put my computer in there and the modem and router. I finally got that arranged.

Then Jeromy called and asked me to pick up my great grandchildren at Karate class at 6:30. He wanted me to keep them until after his pool tournament was over and then he would pick them up. I agreed and I got out my Wahoo game and the marbles for it. After I get the little girls, I will teach them Wahoo and play with them.

In the meantime, I texted Karan and asked her about her cake for the First Christian Church tomorrow. She had been raking leaves and had 13 bags raked up. But she stopped and cleaned up and went in to back her cake. She brought it over before I went to get the girls. Now I only need Bob's cake.

I watched Maia with her karate and then she and Cheyenne and I went out to Brahms and had ice cream before coming back to the apartment.  I taught them the game and we had a good time. Then they wanted to watch TV and I turned on Amazon Prime and we found a kid's movie and they watched that.

Jeromy came to pick them up at 9:30PM and I took my bath and went on to bed by 9:30PM. Before I went to sleep I texted Bob about his cake and he had it finished and was going to ice it the morning. It was an exhausting day! 

No comments: