Thursday, January 10, 2019

Thursday and a Doctor's Appointment

I slept through the night last night without waking up once. I am very rested today.  I have dressed for the day and had my oatmeal and Chai so I am ready to start packing for the move again. I will record the 8:00AM  CBS news and watch it tonight.

I have a doctor's appointment in Bartlesville this afternoon at 1:00PM. It is my dermatologist and he will look me over for any sign of skin cancer.  He has found a few in the past. He found two on my face just starting and one on my right ear over the past few years. He froze all of those.  It appears he is now wanting me to come twice a year for a checkup. I used to come in once a year.  It's good to keep track of those things.

I will load up my car with more boxes that I have filled and leave them at the apartment in Caney.  If I have the time, I will unload them before the doctor's appointment. If not, I will leave them at the apartment after that appointment. I also want to take the two sleeping bags over.  I will put them in the back seat and transfer them to the shelf in the bedroom closest to the bathroom . I still have plenty of packing to do even though I have taken ten boxes over there already.

The first thing I want to do this morning, after Gary's Automotive opens, is have Gary take a look at my back tire on the rider's side. Going out of the drive last night, I got too close to the edge of the ditch out front and that tire fell slightly into the ditch briefly. I was able to get past it fine but now I notice the "tire" sign comes on briefly when I start the motor.  I don't know why and I need him to take a look at it.  Those are brand new tires and I don't want anything to happen to them.  I was just in a hurry to leave before Betty brought her prospective renter over to look at the place..and I was careless.

This morning after I get myself in gear, I need to start packing again. I have all the stuff under my computer in the storage area packed and the den is nearly empty except for the closet. I intend to take my summer clothing over before the move and put it in one of the the closets over there. I will just lay them in the back seat area with the seat folded down. I will do that one day next week.  I hadn't intended to go over today since Gay and I are going over tomorrow but now that I am going to this doctor's appointment in Bartlesville, I will be going right through Caney and I may as well take more boxes over.

I better get with it...daylight's burning.

The first thing this morning I went by Gary's and he look my tires over. They were fine. Then I  worked most of the morning loading up five more boxes and then went to the Journal to re-subscribe to the paper and also stopped at my insurance agent's office and renewed my car insurance and gave Heather a change of address. I also stopped at the health food store and bought pecans. I took some garments, mostly old PJs to the Presbyterian Church thrift shop.

Then I went on to my doctor's appointment in Bartlesville and he zapped another skin cancer on my ear. He shared that his twin boys (men) are both engaged and one is getting married in April. They are 32 now.

I went by Walmart store there to buy ten more banker's boxes but they were out. I guess Independence is the only Walmart store that has them right now.  I will need at least a package of ten more. I still have all those books to box and all my dishes and pots and pans. I have the den packed and the bedroom...all but the spring and summer clothing from the closet. I still have to wrap the stuff in the curio cabinets too. I think I will take my valences...the one over the living room window and the one over the den window. They would work in the Caney apartment. 

After that, I stopped and unloaded those boxes at the apartment and put both sleeping bags on the shelf in the closet near the bathroom.

I went to the Caney post office before I came home and filled out an address change form for January 24th. I also called Suzanne to check if it was alright to move in as early as the 24th. She said that was fine.

Then I came back home and put a frozen meal in the microwave. I had not eaten since 5:30AM this morning. I'll bet I sleep well again tonight.

More later..

Gay e-mailed me today to say she had changed her mind about coming tomorrow.  Chanute is forecast for snow. She will come next Friday. I have the bloodmobile to work next Thursday. from 11:30AM untill 3:00PM

While I ate, I watched the CBS news I had recorded this morning for this evening. I took my bath at 7:00PM and watched some Amazon Prime until 7:35PM. I think I will read my kindle. I bought a book on kindle for the Book Club but now I won't be here for the Book Club and I'm not driving back to Coffeyville at evening time to a Book Club meeting.

I may go back to Independence again to get more boxes tomorrow. I still have all those books to pack and the entire kitchen....china, stemware, etc, etc,  I also have to wrap and pack my figurines and the things in my china cabinets. Then I want to take my spring/summer wardrobe over and put that in the second closet too.  I also need to find some sort of blind for that window in the den room. It will have to be custom because it's a weird size. I would like to have a bamboo shade like I have in the living room here.

I will read until 9:00PM and then go on to bed.

No comments: