Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sunday and Church and Coffeecake

I slept well last night which surprised me since I had such a huge day yesterday.  But maybe that's why I slept so well.

I will go to church this morning and I plan to drive.  I will make up the coffeecake after I have dressed and had breakfast. After church we will eat somewhere and then I will come home and do my newsletters and get them ready for the mail and then pack the bathroom as far as possible. 

This evening at 5:30, Karan will pick me up to go to Independence to the group meeting at Richard and Mona's home.  We will have soup and salad. We may not watch the DVD because there will only be the four of us. Howard and Judy are still in California visiting their daughter and Joyce is sick.

More later....

Well, I found out why I could no longer get Dustin to call me back. He has moved to Omaha Nebraska. I called his Uncle Fred and he gave me the number of a guy in Parsons who moves folks but when I tried to call him, his number had been disconnected and was no longer in service.

I'm stuck! I haven't any idea how to find anyone to move me. I may have to back out of the move. What a mess!

Later....

I spent a couple of hours looking for a mover and finally found one in Bartlesville. They had the 28th of January free and so I booked it at 9:00AM. They have an A + rating with the BBB. That's good!

I told Leslie about it and she asked me if I had told the boys. I told her I hadn't mentioned it until I found a mover. I would not have been able to move without a mover. So now I e-mailed the boys. I have not heard back from either of them but they may not check their e-mail on a regular basis.

Keith called and I explained everything to him that is going on in my life. If they read this blog they will have the same information as the e-mail I sent out to them. 

I had better get the newsletters done now. So more later....

I got the newsletters finished and even revised and then Karan came and picked me up to drive to Independence to Richard and Mona's home for supper and a great visit.. We got home at 9:30 PM and I was still up at 10:20 revising the congregational newsletter.

So I took my bath and soon went on to bed. I will watch tonight's 60 Minutes show in the morning on Amazon Prime.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You are off on a new adventure. Will this be closer to Leslie?
My sister lived in Caney in the 1980s.

Margie's Musings said...

How about that! It;s a small world, isn't it?

Margie's Musings said...

Leslie will still be about 15 miles from me. She's about 18 miles from Coffeyville, where I live now.