Monday, February 18, 2019

Monday and President's Day

I slept well last night and got up around 5:30AM.  I will bake my cake today and see what the weather will bring tomorrow when I usually go to Coffeyville to have breakfast with Bob and get my hair done and run my errands. If it's decent, I may take it over to the church today and put it in the freezer there just in case the weather channel gets our weather right this time...for a change..

More later...

I have baked my cake and it is cooling. After it's completely cooled, I will ice it. Then I will decide whether to take it over the the church.

I am reading the last book I have checked out at our library here. It is Gresham's "Gray Mountain". So far, so good.  I read all evening last night and when I went to bed, I slept well.  Reading instead of watching TV helps me get sleepy.  It is 19 degrees here now....very cold.

I have been watching CBS News and they have an active investigation going into problems with maintenance  at Southwest Airlines. Most of the airlines try hard to keep their planes in the air so they can maximize profits. Sometimes that is at the expense of safety for their crews and passengers as they skip regular maintenance. What a tragedy!

More even later...

I got my cake done and iced and then Nancy called and came over and wanted to eat breakfast with me at Eggberts. I made it brunch since I had had my oatmeal but we had a good visit.

She brought me home and I read some before deciding to take my cake to the church and put it in the freezer.  I did that and came back the other way, through the airport road and down 75 to Caney.  It was sunshiny and a nice drive.

I will meet Bob tomorrow for breakfast in the morning since the bad weather is supposed to start after noon. I will then get my hair done at 9:00AM and go to the market if I need to do that. I will go to Walmart or Dollar Tree  to get those two things...a  cake mix and pan for the next cake. I have icing. I bought one at Country Mart on their $1.00 aisle the last time I was in Coffeyville.

Right now I will get back to my book. If I finish it, I will return these two tomorrow if I am able to get that last one finished before the bad weather begins.

More later....

I took my cake out to the church after lunch and will read to finish the second book. 

Well, I finished the second book and will return both of them tomorrow afternoon.  It's after 6:00PM now and I will take my bath at 7:00PM and get ready to go to bed at 9:00PM.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So glad you are enjoying the Caney Library. I frequent our Library.
Mostly here it’s folks using the computers, but I check out books.

Margie's Musings said...

I do too now. I have three large bookcases and one small one full and several on my kindle but I have no more room for bought books/ So I will just go to the library.