Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thursday and Another Trip to the Library

I slept well again last night and got up shortly before 5:00AM. I dressed and ate my small bowl of oatmeal and watched the weather on TV.

Later this morning I will go back to the library. I need another couple of books. I think I have finished all of John Gresham's books now.  I don't know who I will start on next. And I don't have a plan for today. I may clean. This is Thursday, my regular cleaning day. I did my one load of laundry yesterday morning.

I want to eat the rest of my chili, cheese and crackers for my lunch today and then put the roast on in the morning with those new potatoes. I meant to buy carrots yesterday at Country Mart but forgot.

More later....

It's a good thing I looked at my calendar this morning. I have a 10:00AM doctor's appointment with Dr. Christensen this morning in Coffeyville.  I may remember getting my carrots for my roast while I am over there this morning. My previous doctor, Dr. Gillis, retired last month so I changed to Dr. Christensen, Bob's doctor.  I have been to him once when Dr. Gillis was out of town so I know him. Besides, I have gone with Bob to see him several times.

Anyhow, more later...

I saw Dr. Christensen and he is going to be fine for me. He didn't argue with me when I told him I wasn't going to have either a colonoscopy or a mammography.  I have had bad experiences with both of those things. I also went to Walmart and got the few things I needed.  Then I dropped by the senior center and visited briefly with Janet.  Then I came on back home and had another bowl of my chili and some cheese and crackers for lunch. It had mostly thawed and I just heated it up again. It was good. I had frozen it last week.

I had a difficult time downloading the Chronicle again. I just couldn't get it done at all on the desktop computer. So I used the laptop. Evidently it is that USB wireless adapter. It is too slow.

More even later. I had better go watch the news.

I watched the news until 6:00PM and took my bath and put my pjs on to be ready for bed. The news  went off and since there was nothing else of interest, I read until 8:00PM and I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer so I went on to bed.

No comments: