Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Wednesday and an Inch of Snow

I slept well last night and got up about 5:30AM. I have dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee, Chai Latte and Caramel Cappuccino. I am full.

The street looks fairly clear but I don't plan on going anywhere. I still have a book to finish and another to read too. There may be bunco at Asbury Village this afternoon. I am not sure if I will drive over there or not. I will play it by ear. If I do go over there, I will stop by Country Mart and buy a small roast. I will have it cut into two small roasts so I wouldn't have to eat roast for a week.I still have a serving of chili in the freezer here.

I read all evening last night until bedtime. This book is o.k....not as good as some others he has written.

I see the city of Coffeyville has finally taken my final electric bill out of my bank account. I got my new checks yesterday with my new address etc. on them.  I still have no gas bill or water/sewer bill for Caney yet. I paid the Westar electric bill earlier this month. I am very interested in seeing how much the utilities are going to be here.

More later....

I finished "The Last Jurer" another John Gresham book. I have one more to go.

I called Asbury Village and they are still having their bunco game this afternoon. I plan to attend. It starts at 2:00PM until 3:45PM. It will give me something fun to do besides read. I need some fellowship.  I may also stop at Country Mart and buy a roast and have it cut into two small roasts. I will see how it goes.

More even later....

Shannon Goode, Juanita's granddaughter, called me today about Juanita's and Chet's deaths.  She had completely ignored Juanita for three years after she moved to Florida. I was not surprised that she made it to the area for the reading of the will, etc.

I went to bunco and had a good time. Then I went by Country Mart and bought a small roast.  I will eat the rest of my chili (I thawed it yesterday)  tomorrow for lunch and cook the roast and potatoes in my slow cooker for Friday.  I may fix myself a small salad to go with it. I made up some more peach tea this morning.

I read all the rest of the afternoon and until 11:00PM when I finished the second book and went to bed. Tomorrow I will return them to the library.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope sure hope the electric bill will be less than your other home.
It always seemed the electric there was high. Maybe the place was
not insulated very well. We have electric heat and our bill is usually
about 125 dollars. Our house is not large about 1600 sq feet.

Margie's Musings said...

It was all electric and that made a huge difference, Sister-Three.