Saturday, February 9, 2019

Saturday and A Valentine Dinner

I slept very well again last night and got up at my usual 5:00AM.  I got myself ready for the dinner in Bartlesville at the Price Tower. Karan will pick me up at the dental office parking lot here in Caney at 11:00AM and we will go on to Bartlesville for the luncheon. Rick and Carmen had to cancel last night. Rick has to work. He manages a large trucking concern and has a lot of responsibility.

I asked Nancy to come too but she was not feeling well last night  and thought she had probably not try to plan to go. She had chili for lunch yesterday at Eggberts and I wondered if that would set well on her uneasy stomach. Evidently, it didn't.

Anyhow, I have had my breakfast and am ready for the day and looking forward to it. Karan said Leslie had agreed to let the congregation's funds pay for everyone's tour of the building. That's good to know. It's after 8:00AM now so I have about three hours to wait.

 More later...

I went to the library and took my book back and got two more while I waited to go meet Karan. I tried to call Nancy a couple of times to see if she didn't want to go to dinner at the Price Tower with us but was unable to catch her at home.

So about 11:00AM, I went on up to the parking lot to wait. Soon Karan and the others came and picked me up.

This is a photo of the Price Tower in Bartlesville, designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1956.

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

We had a very good gourmet meal.  Then we had the tour of the entire building. It was very interesting although the tower is not used for anything but a museum and art gallery now. That's a tragedy...yet they didn't choose to tear it down. Since Frank Lloyd Wright built it, that would be a waste of one of his national treasurers.

This was my table at the Copper Restaurant. Sue, Phyllis, Becky and Karan sat at the same table.


Image may contain: 4 people, including Karan Lee Musick-Maritt, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
We got back home around 5:00PM. Karan had wanted to stop at Hobby Lobby so that took a little while.

After I got home, I watched TV and later took my bath around 7:00PM . I will go to bed in a little while. I am very tired. 


No comments: