Monday, March 18, 2019

A Quiet Monday

I slept well last night. I got up at about 5:00AM. I have dressed and had my breakfast. I have been watching the weather channel waiting for the CBS news to come on.

I don't have a plan for today except to go to the library and take back my books and get some more. Tomorrow I will go over to Coffeyville and have breakfast with Bob and get my hair done, get money at the bank and Walmart for my small list of groceries and fill up with gasoline at Woodshed. That's a once a week deal. Then Wednesday I will go back and attend the Lenten luncheon at the First Baptist Church then and go to Bunco at Asbury Village at 2:00PM.

That's all my out of town activities for the week.

So more later....

Leslie texted me this morning and asked me to come up to their house at 11:30AM and we would go into Independence and have pizza at Big Cheese. I will do that. I seldom get invited out there. She is so busy.

I did go up to Dollar General and  get some Command hooks to hang a few things in the utility area. I also got some cash. I was just about broke. Dollar General charges $1.00 for the convenience of getting cash. I didn't know that. Walmart doesn't charge anything for that.  However, I usually just get my cash at the bank when I go to Coffeyville.

Nancy just called. She is not feeling well again. She thinks she is just upset over her situation with her son, David. He wanted to put her in a nursing home last summer and she refused to go. She wants to stay in her own home until she dies. That made him angry and he just washed his hands of her. He is her only child. I feel so sorry for her. But I cannot convince her to go see the doctor.

More later...

I found this n the site of one of my blogging friends: She said this:

"I think most people believe that our president is racist and that he refuses to denounce White Nationalism or racism because a large part of his base support those beliefs."


"It's frightening to know that many people, even in another country is using him as "a symbol of renewed white identity."

It appears that Donald Trump is giving the impression that he would condone this kind of extreme, violent racism. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Didn't he also tell his supporters to beat up protesters at one of his rallies? Hasn't he also been reticent about criticizing White Nationalists in our country?

Why don't his supporters care?

I think a third of our country supports him. What don't I understand?"

I agree with her. I am mystified too.

I got to Leslie's just about 11:30AM and had a chance to see how Raven was looking. She was attacked by coyotes while the kids were in South Dakota awhile back and they had to take her to the vet  and have her treated and get stitches. Now she is looking great but she is not wanting to go outside much. She is afraid. What a tragedy.

John's dog, Octavia,  is pregnant and is due at any time.They make cute cowboy Corgies and their male Corgy got to her while they were gone. But that's fine. The pups are in demand.

We went on to Independence and right to the  bank and made Leslie's deposit. Then we went to Big Cheese and had a good salad and split a personal pan pizza and had a root beer. Afterward we went back to the bank and picked up her bank bags and then out to the Hardware store for her to get some things she needs.  Then I took her home. I left them the rest of the apple brown betty. I figured I may as well share it with them. For one thing, it was too much for me.

I went to the library and returned the books I had read when I got home. I also checked out two more.

When I got home I mixed up my cake for tomorrow. I will need to get some more icing. I don't have enough to ice this cake. But I can get that at the Dollar General store. I will go out there after I get the cake out of the oven and am cooling it.  I also installed the new cartridge for my printer.

So, more even later....

I went back to Dollar General and bought icing for the cake and finished icing it.  It is ready to go with me in the morning when I go to meet Bob for breakfast.

In about 45 minutes, I will take my bath and put my PJs on. I think I will try to go to bed earlier tonight.

No comments: