Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Wednesday and Another Trip to Coffeyville

This is the next to the last time I will have to make two trips to Coffeyville for my hair and games. I have changed my hair appointment to Wednesdays after April 1st.

Today I will try to return the ice chest at Walmart and also stop at the health food store and buy pecans. Then I will go to the Lenten luncheon and after that to Asbury Village for bunco.

Nancy came over yesterday afternoon and talked to me about their church. They are planning to shut it down if she can't get well enough to be the president of the congregation. Jeannie has resigned that job. I told her she wouldn't be able to handle it as long as she could not be sure she could wake up and not be sick. She asked me who I was going to and I told her it was Dr. Christiansen over at Coffeyville because I did not want to have to go to Parsons if I even had to go to a hospital. Melissa is an employee of Labette County Hospital and that is 60 miles away. Coffeyville's hospital is only 17 miles away.  So she called his office and made an appointment for next Wednesday at 10:00. Then she asked me if I would take her. I told her I would.  Unfortunately I will be at World Conference in Independence, Missouri for over a week after April 4th.  If she can't get Jess to take her back to get the results of her tests, she will have to wait until I get home from World Conference.

I have been having problems with this desktop computer. It shuts itself down when I am off it for awhile. I contacted Cox but the tech seemed to think it was a hardware problem and I would have to take it to a tech to get to the bottom of the problem.  There is no tech around here and even if there were, it would be too expensive for me to hire one.  I dread sending it to Keith again after the last experience with the US mail. This is the only computer I have that can print.  The laptop does not use the printer. Neither does the notebook. I couldn't get the little XP computer to recognize the router in the living room so it is no longer online. I will just have to deal with it.

I will leave in awhile....probably about 10:00AM. I want to return the ice chest and stop at the health food store for my pecans before the Lenten luncheon.

So, more later... 

I left a little  earlier then I thought. I took the ice chest back to Walmart and stopped by the health food store and bought my pecans. They have gone up again. Instead of the old $10.00 per bag or even the latest $11.00 per bag, they are now $12.00 per bag. They are going to price themselves right out of the market if they are not careful. I can get them at Walmart for $10.00.  I went to the Lenten Luncheon and then over to Karan's to wait for time to go our to Bunco at Asbury Village. I had a good time there.

I got home in the late afternoon and watched the Dateline show I had recorded. Then I turned off the TV and started reading one of my new books.  About 8:00PM or so I took my bath and went on to bed. It had been a big day.

No comments: