Thursday, March 21, 2019

Thursday and a Quiet Day

I slept very well last night. I went to bed so early I thought that might ruin my sleep but that didn't happen. I got up at around 6:00AM, which is later then usual. I had my breakfast and even ate my last banana. I don't have a plan for today. Maybe I will just read. I could finish my last book . I wonder how Nancy made out yesterday. I didn't hear from her and she never knows if she is going to be sick or not.

The apartment is clean and the laundry is done so I have nothing to really do. The salad luncheon yesterday was good and I have plenty of frozen dinners in the freezer for lunch. I ate too much yesterday. I sat and read and ate trail mix last evening. I finished the entire small bag. Then I had to take a Tums before bed.

I wish I had the mower that John and Leslie are giving me. I would mow the weeds in my yard. But it may be awhile until they can get it to me.


Nothing to add at this time so more later....

I have read all day. I haven't been out of the apartment. I called Nancy about noon but she had company and was to have called me back. She never did. I finally called her back. Sandy had been there and they got an appointment with Melissa for the first week in April. I reminded her that she had talked to Dr. Christiansen's office the day before yesterday and made an appointment for next Wednesday morning at 10:00AM with him.  I was to take her. She had forgotten. I reminded her. She is very concerned about her memory. I will have to make sure she is ready to go to Coffeyville next Wednesday at 9:30AM because her appointment there is at 10:00AM. She does not want her hospital (in the event she would need one) to be 57 miles away so she wants to keep her appointment on next Wednesday because Coffeyville is only 17 miles away.

Her memory is worse then mine and Karan's.

It's after 4:00PM now. I waited until after 1:00PM to eat my lunch. So I am not hungry now. I will eat my yogurt later this evening. I have finished the crossword puzzle now so I will take the paper over to Alice.

More later...

I ate my yogurt and soon after, about 6:30PM, John, my son in law, brought the mower, a gas can and oil that the kids donated to me so I could mow my own yard. He said I had to pass a test. The test was if I could pull start the mower. I pulled just once and it started just fine. He suggested I not try to mow everything at once.  I told him I was going to mow the front and the back the first day...the smallest area, and then the next day, do the side yard, which is a little larger.  He suggested I mow in the evenings because the morning grass would be wet. That's a good idea.  I need to borrow Bob Avery's pruning shears. He has my hedge trimmer so when I need to do that, I will need to borrow that too. I do have a small hedge. I may have a saw to help. The two little flowering trees badly need trimming. He put the mower in the garage for me. I need to pull in a little nearer the east to make more room for it on the west side of the garage.

If it's nice tomorrow, I may mow the back. There's a lot of big weeds back there next to the apartment. I am so pleased with everything.

It's about time for my bath. It's almost 7:00PM and I will get ready for bed. Then I will watch TV for awhile or read before I go to bed at 9:00PM.   

No comments: