Monday, May 27, 2019

Monday and Again More Rain

I slept well last night without melatonin. Maybe I will try again to get by without it.

I had hoped to mow this morning but it is raining again and it is forecast for rain each day until Thursday. I never did get the side lawn mowed and now the front needs it again. The back still looks fine.

We leave on our senior Branson trip on Thursday. I would like to stay home. I don't like to even think about traveling into flooded roads and with storm and flood warnings everywhere.

I have put the cat food out for the little kitty but with the rain, she/he may not get it. It is still thundering and will begin raining again shortly.

More later...

When I went back to the living room, the little gray cat was there eating that cat food I had put out. When the rain subsided a little, it took off through the rain to the house across the way that needs to have the grass mowed and then the house needs to be taken down. It's a complete wreck and as far as I can see, no one lives there. The grass is two feet tall. It's an eyesore for the entire neighborhood. But that little gray kitty made its way through the rain to that house. It must have a place there to shelter.

Image may contain: tree, house, sky and outdoor

This is that eyesore.  I have talked to the city twice about mowing the yard but it hasn't stopped raining long enough for them to do it. It will be a job!

More even later..
.
MANDATORY EVACUATIONS UNDERWAY IN COFFEYVILLE

(6:15 A.M., MONDAY) COFFEYVILLE — The current river level is 23.1 feet, and has been rising steadily overnight. According to the latest information from the National Weather Service, the river in Coffeyville is expected to be at 25 feet Tuesday morning. The Coffeyville Police and Fire Departments have begun notifying businesses and citizens in the flood prone areas (similar to levels experienced in 2007).

The City of Coffeyville is instituting a mandatory evacuation for those in the flood areas. All citizens and businesses evacuated are to report to the Red Cross office at 128 W. 8th. A shelter is being established at the First Southern Baptist Church and animals will be allowed.

I saw this announcement on my facebook page.

Now the little yellow cat is eating the cat food I put out.

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

More even later...

I went out to the cemetery to hear Andy's speech but it had been cancelled. I didn't see the announcement on my facebook page. I should have known the Chronicle had their own facebook page and the announcement would be there. I stopped at Eggberts and asked where it had been moved to and they told me it had been cancelled on Sunday.  When I got home I saved the website of the Montgomery County Chronicle on my computer.

Wouldn't you know..the sun is shining brightly now. :)

More even later...

I went out about noon and checked the grass in the front yard. It seemed fairly dry at least superficially. I filled the mower and made one swipe across the lawn and realized it was entirely too wet to mow. So I put the mower away after all.   I will check it tomorrow and see if it stays dry or if it's going to rain again. I see there is a 60% chance of rain the next two days. I will just have to play it by ear.

If it doesn't rain any more today, and if the sun stays out like it has this morning, I may be able to mow this afternoon late. I would really like to get the side yard done and redo the front yard.

More later...

It's 4:00PM and I walked out barefoot onto the grass and it's still way too wet to mow. Maybe tomorrow afternoon.

More later...

I got an alert that the levee in Coffeyville was going to be breached tonight.  That will mean major flooding again like 2007.  I feel sorry for those poor businesses along 166/169.   Both those highways are closed.

I got this alert a little bit ago.


Alert: CORRECTION.6:37 PM: Water level is 25.7 feet and will reach 26.5 feet by midnight. Water will spill into the Coffeyville area causing flooding.


The Coffeyville levee breaches at 25 feet.

I have been reading again this afternoon and at 7:00PM, I took my bath. I will watch TV this evening.  I plan to go on to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: