Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thursday and a Trip to Branson

I slept well last night until 2:30AM when I woke up to go to the bathroom and then could not get back to sleep. Finally, I got back up and took my three melatonin tablets. The next thing I knew Scott had texted me and it was 5:00AM and time to get up and finish packing. I slept like a log after taking those melatonin tablets.

I finished packing my overnight bag and had my oatmeal and coffee and am now working on my Chai. I got the Chronicle in my e-mail and read it and forwarded it on to those folks who like to read it.  I am ready to go and will leave for Coffeyville and Karan's about 7:45AM.  I want to be there at 8:15AM so she can get over to the fourplex and pick up Marilyn and then on to the apartment building downtown where Darlene lives. We are to meet Janet at the senior center at 9:00AM. I am not taking a computer since I will be back home tomorrow sometime. I will catch up the blog then. I hope our trip is uneventful.

I put the cat food our earlier then usual and I notice one of the cats found it and ate a lot of it.

More later....

I got to Karan's plenty early and we got over to Marilyn's  five minutes early too. Then we picked up Darlene. Karan followed Janet's husband and we took a completely different route to Branson. It was a lovely sunshine day though and after we got there, we went to a steakhouse to eat.

Here we were having lunch at the steakhouse.
 Image may contain: 6 people, including Karan Lee Musick-Maritt, people smiling, people sitting, people eating, table, drink and indoor


They served entirely too much food and I could only eat some of it and left the rest.  Then we went our to the Landing and looked around. I could see right away that Darlene was not going to be able to walk around so she and Marilyn found a shady bench and sat down with Janet's dad to visit while Karan and I looked  around. Then Karan brought the car around and we picked up Darlene and Marilyn. Then we went to our motel room.

At dinner time, I was still very full. I ate one rib of my dinner and then got a box to store the rest for Janet's husband. He said he would eat it later.

Then we went back to our hotel room to use the bathroom and freshen up and then on to our show....a wonderful Chinese act.

We got back to our room about 10:00PM and I took a bath and read awhile and finally we turned off the light and went to bed.

Luckily supper and breakfast and the show were included in our $69.00 cost for the weekend.  It was really a bargain.

Karan and I are planning to go to Sunfest in Bartlesville tomorrow to see John, my son in law's display.

Here is his tent.

Image may contain: outdoor

We will see more of it tomorrow.

No comments: