Friday, August 9, 2019

Friday and Out to John and Leslie's

I slept very well last night. I am almost all packed for my weekend stay at John and Leslie's home. I will be there with the dogs while they are gone to the Missouri retreat.  I will be there until late Sunday afternoon.  I only have a few things to pack.

The mama cat and three of her kittys were here this morning eating breakfast. I filled the dish twice. I also filled their water dish. They will have to find another source for food for a few days. I hope someone else is feeding them too.

I am to go out to John and Leslie's place at 2:30PM this afternoon.

I couldn't figure out what to eat yesterday or last evening so I went out to Eggbert's and had a bowl of soup. That was good... although I brought home part of it for my lunch today. I had my regular oatmeal for my breakfast this morning and will take the box out to the kids' house since I have oatmeal every morning.

I got the apartment cleaned yesterday and am ready for the visit from Dean on Tuesday afternoon. My dental appointment is in Cherryvale on Tuesday morning at 10:30.  I should get my new partial at that appointment. I will wash my bedding early Tuesday morning. Dean will take my bedroom and I will sleep on the daybed in the den. I always give my company my bed. Last time he came, in the spring, he was very impressed with the new mattress and box springs Leslie had bought me last year. I told him it was a gift from John and Leslie.

I am washing my towels and underwear this morning. They are in the dryer now. I want to have clean towels for Dean too. He wanted me to pick a restaurant for dinner on Tuesday. I told him about Eggberts and the Copan Truck Stop and even Tinker's Glasshouse in Bartlesville. He told me cost was no problem...I was to pick where we have dinner while he is here. I chose Tinker's Glass
house under those circumstances. Last time he was here, we had all our meals out. He said I was on vacation too.

More later....Oh yes, I am taking my laptop computer to John and Leslie's this afternoon.

By the way, this is what Ginger's "Sarge" looks like now. He is a Cowboy Corgi.

Image may contain: dog

There he is with Ginger.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and dog

Little cute chunk!

You know, I have been watching the CBS news. I like to record nearly everything I watch so I can skip through the commercials. I hate commercials.  And they are everywhere. When I was selling radio commercials, I tried hard to come up with commercials that made sense but were still attention catching. Most of the ones I see on TV are just aggravating. When I record the programs, I can just skip over them and watch the programming when I want to.

It used to be forbidden to advertise pharmaceuticals. But they dominate the commercials now and they can only be prescribed so why on earth they advertise them is just so the patient will ask the doctor for them.If you listen to the disclaimers, (and you should) they often have horrendous side effects such as cancer and other horrendous side effects. If I didn't just have to have the treatment, I would skip the med. I certainly wouldn't ask for it!

Rant over....

I couldn't figure out what to have for lunch so I just went on in to Independence to their Dairy Queen and had a blizzard. I forgot about the soup I had brought home. Then I looked around their Goodys shop for awhile before going on out to John and Leslie's. When I got to their home, Leslie showed me about the care of the dogs and also how to work their Dish remote.

They left about 4:00PM and I put my car in their garage and brought in my stuff.

About 5:00PM, I cooked some tomato basil soup and ate that for supper with some crackers. It was very good.

It's 5:25PM now
.
I sat and watched TV most of the evening. Every once in awhile I would go out and look for Hoover, their male Corgi. He never showed up. At 8:00PM, I took a bath and put my PJs on  and at 9:00PM, I went on to bed. Mini soon joined me. She slept next to me on the bed all through the night and I slept off and on...mostly on.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Sarge has the look of a boss !

Glad you are able to help your kids. I know it makes you feel good to help those who help you.

Donna. W said...

We record everything we watch too. In fact, that’s the reason we keep Directv... so we can record what we watch.