Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sunday and Coffeecake

I slept well last night and only woke up once. I got up at 5:30AM and got myself ready for church. I went ahead and had my oatmeal. I don't want to wait until 10:00AM to eat breakfast at church. That's way too late when you get up close to 5:00AM.

I am fixing my coffeecake, as usual though, and taking it for anyone who wants to take some. The little girls are still in Topeka with the other grandparents.

I have fed the cats the last of my cat food. I imagine they are still hungry but I didn't buy any more yesterday. In fact I didn't go to Dollar General at all yesterday. I did go to Independence but I didn't go into town...just to the Dairy Queen. It was raining there when I left the Dairy Queen.

Melissa cancelled Church School this morning for her 10:00AM breakfast. They don't come to Sunday School anyhow so I guess the class wasn't important to her.

 More later...

We had a good service for Communion Sunday including a short prayer meeting.  Melissa was in charge and she did a good job.

We filled our backpacks and as soon as I got the dishes cleaned up from the breakfast, I realized I couldn't fill the extra backpacks to suit those in charge so I just came home and worked on my newsletters. I have three to go out this week.

I went by Dollar General when I got back home and picked up some more Meow Mix for the cats and filled their bowls again. I also got some more yogurt for myself for supper. It's shortly after 1:00PM now and I will watch some news and recorded programs.

The mower will mow for me tomorrow evening and Leslie gave me the money to pay her this morning. I wondered how that was going to work out with Leslie paying for the job but Leslie evidently thought of that too.

More later....

I watched an episode of "Murder She Wrote" on Amazon Prime and then took my bath and later at 9:00PM, I went on to bed.  I was every tired.

No comments: