Monday, August 5, 2019

Monday and a Poor Night's Sleep

I awoke at 1:00AM this morning and had a hard time getting back to sleep. Finally an hour later, I got up and took some Melatonin and after a long while, I finally got back to sleep.I slept until nearly 6:00AM. I got up and dressed for the day and ate my oatmeal and drank my coffee and Chai.

It's a little after 8:30AM now and all the news is about the two mass shootings this week...yesterday in Dayton, Ohio and El Paso, Texas the day before yesterday. These people are violent because it is a way to gain attention for their pet peeves. The President stokes their hate with his own. Pitiful! I watched the news until they started repeating it..over and over again.

This evening the Vanatta girl will be mowing my yard. I hope she does a good job. Leslie is paying for it. I will be here in case they need help with the mower. I think I will put the gas in it today sometime. The little ten year old said it is her time to mow. I have a hard time pushing the mower through the grass myself. I hope she can handle it.

Nancy just called and wants to go get breakfast. She will pick me up in a little while. She wants to go to the drugstore first. It will probably be at least 9:00AM before she gets here.  I didn't eat anything last evening at all so I guess another meal won't hurt me. All I had was a small bowl of oatmeal this morning.

More later...I'd better go watch for her...

Nancy called back to say she was feeling dizzy and asked if I could drive...so I did, of course. We had a brunch...that chicken salad and a muffin with fruit. I am plenty full now and probably will not eat again until mid afternoon.

We had a nice visit. Then at 10:40AM, I took her home. We went by the drug store to pick up her prescription but she had forgotten to call it in. So we went by her house so she could pick up the bottle and take it to the drug store.  Then I took her back home again.

Then I came on home. More later....

I watched several Dateline programs that I had recorded. I tried to download one of my free books from Amazon Prime but for some reason that did not work.

It's almost 2:00PM now . I did go ahead and fill the gas tank on the mower to get it ready for the kid that will be mowing this evening.  Now it's just a matter of her getting it mowed and the bag being emptied into the bag buddy and the bag being put into the trash.. It will be this evening after the mother comes home from work before they will actually do the mowing. The father is supposed to come do the trimming. The child doesn't know how to trim.

They came pretty late and the 15 year old did the mowing. She missed a lot but her dad was there too and he pointed out the places she missed and she went back over it.  They didn't trim though. Perhaps the mother didn't tell the dad he was supposed to do that.

I will do it in the morning.

I went to bed about 10:00PM after I watched  "Bull".

No comments: