Thursday, August 8, 2019

Thursday and Cleaning Day

The internet is very slow this morning.. I woke up early after a storm started early this morning with thunder and lightning. . I had no internet or TV signal. After I called Cox, they got the TV up but the internet is still very slow.  I have nothing in the den room at all and very little in the living room and I finally got my Echo back too.

I got the cat food out in the dish and in a lull in the storm the mom and one kitten came to eat some but then the storm started again and they left for shelter.

I want to clean today. Tomorrow afternoon I will go out to John and Leslie's to be there for the dogs...especially Mini and Raven, who are inside dogs.  They will be out of town until Sunday evening.


Strange...the only thing I am able to access on the internet on this laptop is my blog....nothing else.


Cox must have got the internet back to full speed. Now I am able to access the other sites.  It's 8:00AM now and still raining hard! I haven't started cleaning yet and probably won't until after the CBS news.

Everything seems to be working fine now. 

It's 8:40AM and still raining. I wonder if this is going to go on all day? CBS News is over at 10:00AM and I will begin cleaning then.


It's 11:40AM and I had to get hold of Cox to get some issues straightened out. I was cut off twice and finally reached a tech that I could hold onto.  I had to change my password for my account. I almost couldn't get the mail program to accept the new password. Aggravating! I am having the tech come out Monday afternoon to check if I could spend another $5.00 a month and get enough Wifi that I wouldn't have to use the USB wireless adapter to get online in the den. There is no charge for the check up. We will see.

I should start my cleaning I have wasted all morning.

More later...

I got my carpets vacuumed and my bare floors mopped this afternoon. So all I lack is dusting. I will do that in the morning. I may do my little dab of laundry too. I will wait and see. I will want to pack a few things to take to John and Leslie's for my two day stay there....my makeup and a couple of changes of clothes.

I have had trouble off and on all afternoon getting my e-mail to stay connected. Cox changed my password today after they got the TV and internet up and running. It took me half a day to get everything going again. They have changed my password twice. Aggravating!!

It's 4:05PM now. At 5:00PM I will watch the news.

I watched the news....same old stuff..over and over again. Then I watched Dateline and came in the den to play solitaire.

It's 7:37PM now and I will go watch an episode of "Murder She Wrote" before I go to bed at 9:00PM. 

No comments: