Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Wednesday and Light Rain

I woke up about 5:00AM and couldn't et back to sleep so I just got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day. It will be a busy day. I may have breakfast with my brother-in-law, Bob, then I will go to Walmart to grocery shop and get my hair done. Then I may take a book and read until lunch time and then stop at Sonic and have a kid's meal before I go out to Asbury Village for bunco.

More later...time to go...And there was no rain....not even in Coffeyville.  It had rained lightly in Coffeyville but had stopped by the time I got over there.  I dropped by the bank and got some money. My social security came in last night.

My plans have all changed. After I had breakfast with Bob, I went out to Walmart and bought my groceries. (I was impressed when I got home that I had only missed one thing on my long list. I had accidentally left my list at home on the frig door. I will go to Dollar General to get my trash bags this afternoon. That's all I missed. Anyhow, back to the plans change.) I got gas at the Woodshed and then got my hair done. I texted Marilyn about the bunco at Asbury Village and she said that was NEXT week. So I came on back home.

I noticed my neighbor had mowed so I decided to mow mine too...to get rid of some of the leaves actually,  His looked so much better then mine. It took about a dozen pulls for me to get the mower started after I added gas to it...but it did start.

But I was amazed at how tired I got with just doing the front yard. I have sat all winter and read so my stamina has suffered. After I finished the front, I emptied the mulched leaves into the trash bag, swept up what mess it had made in the garage and on the driveway and came back in the house..I may try to do the back later this afternoon but not until late afternoon...that's for sure. I am bushed!

It's about time for the mail now and I am hungry. I will just fix myself a ham sandwich now and will fix the goulash for tomorrow and Friday. I even have frozen steak bread in the freezer.

More later....

 I went out to Dollar General and bought the few extra things I needed. I noticed I was now out of macaroni and also low on Parmesan cheese and oregano so I bought some more. I will need the cheese for my goulash. I got that made and it is in the frig now. It is 2:28PM now and I don't think I am going to get that back yard mowed.  I am still very tired. Amazing!

More later..

I went out this afternoon late and mowed the back yard. All I have left now is the west side yard.

I went to Dollar general again to buy some of their $1.00 Betty Crocker cake mixes. I bought one for me and two for Bob  and I also bought him two creamy cake icings for 2 for $3.00. I have some icing myself. We do habe cakes again this Tuesday. I will bake mine tomorrow or Friday and freeze it.

Now it's bath time so more later.....

After my bath, I read on my new book and at 10:00PM or so, I finally went on to bed.

No comments: