Saturday, March 14, 2020

Saturday and Errands

I slept well last night. I got up after 5:00PM and at 6:00AM, I texted Bob. He had had a good night's sleep too. The heating pad had helped him get through the night well.

I had a dilemma. I had given Nancy some of that goulash but I still had too much. I offered it to Bob and he wanted it. I told him I was going to put a notice on the church's door about our being encouraged to cancel our services until Easter. I was also going to take that extra food pantry food over the Sycamore Landing to put on the free table. I knew all those folks that lived there could use them. Bob also wanted the strawberries so I told him to take anything he could use.

Then I went out to church only to find I had left the church key in the jeans I wore when I took the cake over to the church to put it in the freezer there. So I dropped by Cyndi's place to borrow her key but I couldn't raise her. It was 9:00AM.

So I went on to John and Leslie's to see the puppies and watch Maia open her birthday gifts. She is ten now. I left half that pecan pie with them. I had taken two pieces of the pie for Nancy and me. The puppies have really grown in two weeks.

Then I found the church key in the phone pocket on my purse so I went on back to the church to tape the sign on the inside of the door. I went out to the Woodshed and bought some gas while I was there in Coffeyville.

Leslie texted me and thanked me for the pie. They had had some of it and thought it was really good. I was glad I gave the other half  to them.

Then I came home. I watched a recorded version of Dateline on Amazon Prime and also posted on this blog.

I brought three other books home that I got at the library.  Later I will begin one of them.

More later...I also want to make my chili. I will have Nancy over to share it and also have those two pieces of pie. We will have it on Sunday.

 I got my chili done and cooled and in the frig. I called Nancy and invited her for lunch tomorrow. She accepted. I went out to Dollar General to get some Freetos. They were out. The cashier called Copan and they had some so I went eight miles down the highway and bought the only bag at that Dollar General and they had one..a small one, It will be enough for Nancy and me. She will drink coffee and I will have juice with it. Then we will have the pie for dessert.

I read all evening and took my bath about7:00PM. I will go to bed soon. It's going on 9:00PM now.




No comments: