Wednesday, April 15, 2020

A Horrible night's Sleep

I finally got to sleep sometime after midnight but I had to take Zzzquil to do it. I hate to do that because I am just wiped out the next morning.

I slept until almost 7:00AM thanks to the Zzzquil. I texted Bob while I was making up my face. He said he slept well but woke up thinking it was Saturday. Without any activities, it is hard to keep track of the days.

I had four cats waiting for me to feed them this morning. They all acted like they were starving.I had to find a fourth bowl to feed the smallest cat...one of mama cats litter. They all seem to be leaving now. I will go get the fourth bowl now.

Just as I was picking up that bowl, a fifth cat showed up. I poured what food was left in the extra bowl in one of the blue bowls and left it out there for that one to eat. Both yellow cats were here, gray mama cat and her three gray young ones. The most I have ever had at one time.

Luckily I have everything done around here. I will probably read most of the day. It is cold this morning although the sun is shining. It's supposed to get up to 69 degrees today. I am glad I got my errands done yesterday.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and am now working on my Chai.

The starlings are coming to eat now so I will go get the bowls. I am not feeding those greasy birds.

More later...I want to watch CBS this morning.

After I watched CBS this morning, I began reading my Kindle where I downloaded a book called "Born a Crime". It is an account about a young man who was born in South Africa between a white man and and a black woman. So far, it is very interesting. I saw an interview with the author on the CBS morning show. Then I downloaded his book. It is on the New York Times list.

More even later...

My granddaughter called me several times this afternoon but my phone was not giving me notifications so until I saw the number five times on the phone (without a name)  I didn't know who it was.  I called that number and sure enough it was her. We talked an hour. Then I called Scott and told him we had talked and he was very glad she had contacted me.

I just got off the phone and I noticed Keith, my older son, had tried to call me. So I called him back.   He had some work to do on my computer and just as soon as I got home I called him back and he logged on to my computer and fixed what I needed fixed. I have some terrific kids and they are married to some terrific people. I realize how lucky I am to have such good kids.

I went out to Sonic, (against my better judgement) and had a mini Sonic Blast. I don't need the extra calories but I was rewarding myself. :)

More even later.... It is time to feed the cats.

I also want to watch the CBS news. Back to this later....



No comments: