Monday, April 13, 2020

Monday and Cold Again

I slept pretty well last night...the best in a couple of weeks. I woke up just once in the night. I got up at 5:45AM. I dressed and got ready for the day. I had my oatmeal and coffee and chai latte. I have texted Bob and he is up too. He slept later because it is 33 degrees out there on April 13th. Amazing!

I see the Oklahoma governor says he has conferred with the president and decided not to insist on the Oklahoman's to shelter in place. They are also cutting production of Oklahoma oil to drive the price up. You can tell they don't care a  thing about how that effects the ordinary citizen.

Mama cat has come to eat and left and now Big Yellow Tom is here eating too. It is still very cold out there for April. I am glad I wait until the last week of April to plant my flowers. I only hope someone will be open somewhere by then so I can plant my flower bed.

I still need to dust the apartment today, That's one thing I didn't get done yesterday.

More later...

Every once in awhile, one of the cats comes to eat. It is still cold so they may have decided to wait for it to warm up some. It is up to 40 degrees now after being 33 degrees when I got up this morning.

I watched the CBS News until 10:00AM. And I ate more breakfast then usual and am paying for it now. First I had my oatmeal. then two breakfast bars and then one of those frozen sausage and egg burritos from Schwans.  That must have been "the blow that killed Willy" as my mother would have said. I have had stomach cramps ever since. I did take a Tums and that may help. Dr.Christensen said not to take Tums. Instead he has me taking one a day Omeprazole.

Anyhow, hopefully I will feel better soon. I am uncomfortable taking that med. The bottle plainly says not to take it any longer then four weeks. I have been taking it that long already. It also gives me bloating and burping, which cannot be healthy.I called him after four weeks and asked him about that and his nurse said to continue taking it. I have an appointment next month and I will mention all this to him rather then just stopping taking it..Elevating the head of my bed helped a lot. Thank God for John! I never could have done that myself.

I sent off some Daily Bread devotions to the six members of our church who do not  have e-mail and soon after I finished that I started to feel queeze and I have been in the bathroom off and on ever since. I found some old Pepto Bizmo and took a dose. It's been 30 minutes now and I feel much better.

I am so sick so seldom that I was taken by surprise this afternoon. I am going to watch the weather channel for awhile and then take my bath about 7:00PM  and see how I am feeling by then.  I may just go on to bed at 9:00PM as usual.

I hear cats out front and I do not have their food out there yet. I have just been concerned about myself. Poor cats!

I stayed up to watch "Bull" and then just couldn't do it.. I recorded it so later today I will watch it.

I went on to bed at 9:15PM. I was very tired after having been sick late this afternoon. 

No comments: