Friday, April 17, 2020

Friday and Another Good Night's Sleep

I had another better night last night. Not great..but better. I got up about 5:00AM. I woke up twice last night and went to the bathroom one time and took some melatonin the second time.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and fed the cats. At least one of them...one of the yellow ones. The food is out there now so when they come they can eat. It has rained some last night but the food is under the roof over my entrance way. But it is wet out there and that may have kept the others from coming this morning.

I don't have a plan for today. The apartment is clean and the laundry is done. And I have read my last book....the one on my Kindle. I may have to buy another book for my Kindle.

I see the Big Yellow Tom is out there eating now. He is the father of the previous smaller yellow one.

If it hadn't rained I was going to trim my yard today. I am so glad I had it mowed yesterday. It doesn't need trimming really bad. If it dries out tomorrow or Sunday I will get it done.

I am trying to walk ten blocks two or three times a week. Maybe that will build up my stamina. I would like to be able to mow the yard again myself....for the exercise. One problem with that, besides the stamina is the right arm. Mowing aggravates that too. Vacuuming and mowing are the worse for the arm. Typing also aggravates it. This blog is the one thing I try to do each day. It helps my memory to do this. And of course, I follow several other blogs too.

More later... I want to get my Chai Latte.

I also watched the CBS Morning News until 10:00AM

Then I downloaded another book and read it until noon  Then I cooked a frozen casserole or my lunch.

Then I stepped outside to see what my neighbors were looking for.
 
Kylie had put some small flags on some small wire frames and they had blown off in the wind. I had found one of them with a paper plate  and some other trash and hung the little flag on her trash can, catching it under the lid. It had blown off that too. I had taken it I and put it in my trash. Luckily it was fine so I took it out and gave it to her. She need a stapler to attach it and didn't have one. But I had one and brought it out to Paco so he could staple it in place.

She and Paco had been to Lowe's and bought some flowers and other decorations. They had bought some new handles for our screen doors in the back.  They put their flowers in their garage until after all chances of frost passes. I told them I had ordered some screen patching material and when it came I would have plenty for both of us. They also have some torn screens.

I watched,  streaming on my computer from A &E, a special about Kenny Rogers. It was very good. It was called Biography: Kenny Rogers. It was done when he retired from show business. He died last week at 81 of natural causes. I really love his music.

More later...

I took my bath at 7:00PM and read until 9:30PM when I went on to bed.


2 comments:

marlu said...

I just found out that our library checks out e-books that you can read on your electronic device. No charge. You might check with your library to see if they have this service! My friend, Barb, loves it!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you Marlu, but my library is closed. There is no one to check with.