Friday, June 12, 2020

Friday and Dusting

I slept very well last night. No pain in the arm at all. That's odd because I did all that vacuuming yesterday. I have dressed and had my usual breakfast and am now working on my chai.

When I was in the bathroom making up my face, I saw a huge recluse spider on the floor. I quickly killed it!  Those things are deadly! The skin around their bite rots away and the person bitten has to have surgery to heal. I knew a post woman back when I lived here when the kids were in high school and she was bitten and had a terrible chunk taken out of her shoulder. She had to have the surgery to heal it.

I had Scruffy here a bit ago for her breakfast. One of the little kittens, the black one, ran across the street when I opened the garage door to take the cat food out but one of the yellow ones, very tiny one, ate with Scruffy, it's mother. They are all gone now. I guess the kittens are still alive...at least two of the four that I have seen. I was afraid Big Tom had killed them since I hadn't seen any of them in several weeks

I will dust the apartment today. Everything else is done. I will also wipe down the cabinet tops. I will start after the CBS news. That doesn't even come on until 8:00AM. It's only 7:30AM now.

I am glad to see I lost a pound yesterday. I need to lose at least 4 or 5 more pounds. I will try to be careful what I eat. It's ice cream that does me in. I bought two pints this last week and they were both gone by the end of the week.

Cox is going to work our wireless connection over again on the 17th. I got a notice in the mail yesterday. Keith and I just got it working again a few days ago. When their wireless was down last week, I lost my Amazon Prime until Keith talked to Tivo and got some instructions on how to get the Tivo going again. Undoubtedly I will lose it again when they work on their network again on the 17th. Keith contacted Tivo again yesterday and got the instructions on how to get it going again after they get their work finished. He sent me the instructions and I printed them off. Cox is a mess. It's always something.

More later...

I got my dusting done and did a load of laundry too. I had a frozen dinner for lunch. I called Nancy but she was sick again.  I would like to have gone to the Copan Truck Stop restaurant but didn't want to eat alone there. It's 1:18PM now. I didn't get any mail today.Usually I at least get some junk mail.

Oh well....

I read for awhile this afternoon and then folded out my laundry and put it away.  I went out to Dollar General and bought some more detergent and cat food and crangrape juice. I have been drinking crangrape juice for several months.

Now I am watching the 4:00PM news and now the 5:22PM CBS news will be on at 5:30PM. After it is over I will take my bath and put my pjs on.

At 9:00PM, I plan to go to bed.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You’re lucky to have Keith to help you.

I recall when I was about 12 our neighbors was bites by one of those spiders. The place on her leg blacken and was horrible. It covered an area the size of an adult hand. I think my Mom was taking food to her. That part I have forgotten, but the image of her leg is etched in my memory.

marlu said...

We have Cox and usually when the picture disappears, they suggest 'we' have changed our connections. No. 'We' have not. Wednesday the note on the screen actually said they were having trouble on their end!

Margie's Musings said...

True, Marlu. When I called them about the terrible service last week they said the entire block's network was down. It was supposed to have been fixed in two hours. That turned out to be five hours and even then I had to fix the mess they made of my Amazon Prime myself...with Keith's assistance. Thank goodness for Keith.

Margie's Musings said...

Do you have Cox Complete Care, Marlu? It's $9.98 a month and usually they can fix about anything but evidently no one there knows anything about Tivo. They told me last year that Tivo is usually only in cities. I live in an urban area..very small..less then 2,000 people. The Cox Complete care is worth every penny. Too bad I can't say that about Cox Communications. It is vastly overpriced and the programming is pitiful.

Annsterw said...

I hate any spider let alone a spider they can bite you and make your skin die! Impressive that you killed it… I probably would have just stood there stunned and screamed! OK that's so frustrating when you have problems with the network services and there's nothing you can do about it. Take care and stay safe!