Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday and Another Boring Day

I slept pretty well last night. The arm did not get sore at all although I got up at 4:45AM.

I dressed and had my breakfast and the opened the door to this. This just one of Scruffie's kittens. She has four. One is yellow (this one)  two are Gray, like her, and one is pitch black


Image may contain: dog

 I finally had a chance to take a photo of them together. Here is a photo of three of the kittens with Scruffie. One is yellow, one is gray like Scruffie and one is the black one.

Image may contain: plant, tree, table and indoor
Usually I cannot get them to all be here at the same time. They are so wild.  They must have been very hungry. The only one missing is the other gray one.

More later...the CBS news is on now.

This notebook couldn't access the internet this morning. I rebooted several times and now it is finally back online. The Cox company is going to work on their network on the 17th and they really must do that. Several weeks ago I had a problem getting online with my new computer and after rebooting several times over several days, I finally got a signal. Cox thought that was because the computer was too far away from the router but the laptop was setting right next to the desktop computer and was online with a USB connection. I rebooted the desktop several times and finally was able to get the signal. They were both online this morning.

Last week I lost my Amazon Prime and after calling the company they told me the entire block's network was down and it would be back up in a couple of hours, It took five hours and then I had to figure out with the help of my older son how to get my Tivo back online so I could record shows and also connect to Amazon Prime. It took us an hour or so to do that.

Now I got that notice from Cox this week that they are going to be working on their network next Wednesday and the entire block will go through that again. This time my son contacted Tivo and got their instructions on how to get through that and I have printed that off for that occasion. I hope it will be easier this time.

The notebook. which is the newest of my three computers, has never had a problem getting online until this morning. After rebooting three times I finally got their signal.

Cox is a mess!!

More later...

I watched a couple of episodes of Forensic Files and then picked up my book to read. 

I've been reading all afternoon and am tired of it. I don't know what else to do though. The apartment is clean, I have watered the plants and fed the cats. The laundry is done and put away. I suspect Nancy is still sick although  I could call and check that out. She is one person I could visit if she's not still sick today.

I've called Nancy three times  this afternoon and each time her line has been busy. I don't know whether she has left the phone off the hook or if she really is talking on the phone that much.

I watched some more Forensic Files and then decided to repair the screens again. I had patched them once but the patches didn't hold. So I did it again yesterday. After the heat today, the patches were loose again. So I went outside and put some patches on the outside of the screens too. I don't know that that wil hold but it can'r hurt anything to try.

I watched a bit of the PGA golf. so you know I am really bored.

It's time for news now and only the NBC news is on right now. The CBS news will be on later at  5:30PM and it's only 5:15PM right now. I will switch channels at 5:30PM.

More later...

I took my bath at 7:00PM and then just went on to bed at 8:30PM. Channel 6 out of Tulsa was having trouble with their video. I don't like Oklahoma news either. They don't seem to realize southeast Kansas is also stuck with it. We get no Kansas news here in southeast Kansas.

2 comments:

marlu said...

We have Cox here in Hutchinson. They used to show a message after the screen went dark that told us to adjust our cable. (Tighten them) To my knowledge, no one had loosened them. Now the message says "We are having trouble on our end. Please try to adjust your cable connection at the box."
So if they are having trouble, how can my connection fix it? I really think that for what we pay, there should be no problems. I haven't heard good things about the competition so maybe that we be worse!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I agree...cable TV is on the way out. They charge way too much. They do not take care of their customers. It's all about the money. With all the commercials, you would think that would pay for the cable service too. I only keep it to access my Amazon Prime. There is very little I watch of the cable programming. I watch the news, Bull, Lucky Dog, and that's about it. Today's programming is mostly trash.