Monday, June 8, 2020

Monday and Laundry

I slept well again last night and got up about 5:00, dressed and made the bed and had my usual breakfast.

I had two cats here for breakfast..Scruffy and one of the yellow cats. They have eaten and are gone now. If I don't get that  food back in here the birds or the ants will eat it.

I got that food back in the apartment and watered the plants too. The geranium had lost all it's flowers but now there are two nice buds getting ready to bloom...maybe by the next weekend.

The yard really needs mowing. She is supposed to come tomorrow afternoon to mow. I wish she would come today. It looks awful.

Scott called today. He would like me to come to Galatian in July. I am not wild about flying during this pandemic. Everyone breathes the same recirculated air during the flight.

I will do some laundry this morning. I don't have much but I do have towels and underwear and I like to keep those done up.

More later....

I was checking my checking account online and noticed an error. Before I went out to Leslie's yesterday afternoon I stopped at Sonic here and ordered three cherry limeade slushes to take out there for the three of us. They only sent two. I had paid for those with my debit card  and so I ordered another one. I also paid for that one with my debit card because the last $1.00 bill I had, I had given to the carhop for a tip. This morning I checked my bank statement online and noticed there was another $4.37 charged on my debit card and dated today. So I printed off the statement and took it out to Sonic. The manager is going to trace it out and will get back to me when she has a chance to see what happened. Luckily I had kept one of the receipts. I must not have taken the one for the one drink because I only had the receipt for the one with the two drinks. I assume she will get to the bottom of that and credit my card. Strange...

I had better start my laundry.

I got the laundry done and put away and was going to watch some Amazon Prime  and Cox informed me they have no internet in the entire neighborhood.  Strange..I am on the internet now but still have no Amazon Prime. They said someone would be out here to get us all back online within an hour or so.  Evidently I have some internet to be able to be online with the computers.

I see Scruffy is outside wanting more food so I guess I will try to accommodate her.

So more later....

I was going to watch my Amazon Prime and couldn't access it. That was around 10:30AM this morning. Cox told me the internet was down in my entire neighborhood but I am not having any problem with the internet for any of my three computers. However, they said it would be fixed in a couple of hours because we had a technician in town. It's 2:30PM now and I still don'r have my Amazon Prime.  I called them back and they said it would be fixed by 5:00PM. I certainly hope so. I get gross incompetence from Cox...unfortunately, they are the only ball game in town.

Well, I have lost my Amazon Prime. Nothing I have done helps. Now when I choose to record a program and check mark doesn't even show up.  I don't believe the Tivo is even going to record anything. I will check tonight when "bull" comes on and see.

More later...

As a last resort, I called Keith,my son.   He walked me through the way to get the Tivo to connect with Amazon Prime again. It was trail and error but he figured it out. That guy is a genius with TV and computers and other gadgets. I really appreciate all he did to help me out.  I thought I had lost my abilty to access Amazon Prime and even to record programs.

Now I have had my bath and am waiting for "Bull" to come on so I can watch it before I go to bed at 10:00PM tonight..

I stayed up later to watch "Bull" tonight and it was....a rerun. I am going on to bed.
 

No comments: