Friday, July 10, 2020

Friday and Lunch Out

I slept fairly well last night. I did wake up two or three times and went to the bathroom. I got finally got up shortly before 5:00AM and made the bed and dressed and had my breakfast of oatmeal and a breakfast bar. I am working on my coffee now. I have come into the den to use the desktop computer instead of turning on the TV and checking to see if Scruffie is out there with her kittens waiting to be fed.  I guess I am just not quite ready for that drama yet this morning.

I am 2/3 through the book I am reading. It is slow reading as Bolton wants to recount all of Trumps nonsense. There is plenty of that!

I finally went in the living room and opened the front door and Scruffie and her crew were all there waiting for their breakfast. Even Big Yellow Tom Cat was there. I took out another extra bowl for him. It looks like  a zoo out there with all those cats and kittens.

It will be interesting to learn if Nancy still wants to go in the restaurant for our lunch or do a carry out..or even if she will be up for lunch at all. That's always a toss up. I am supposed to pick her up at 11:30AM.

More later..

I have been reading in the book again while waiting for the CBS news. 

Well, it's 10:00AM and the CBS news just went off. I have time to vacuum the dining room before I go check on Nancy and see if she still wants to go to lunch. I will take stainless ware just in case she wants to go to the park and eat instead of going in the restaurant. Dale and Gina will have a fit if they find out we have eaten inside the restaurant.

More later....

Sure enough. They  wanted me to pick up something at Sonic and bring it back to Nancy's home to eat it. I did it this time but I will think of some way to get her out of her house next week. She is going to be crazy staying home all the time.

I stayed all afternoon and visited with her. I got home about 3:30PM..at least that is when I left her house. I got home and checked my mail and then read my AARP magazine. I will take it to Bob when I see him next.

I did get the dining room vacuumed and cleaned up the sweeper. I will put the filters back in it in the morning when they dry. Tomorrow I want to to dust.

I am watching the Channel 6 news right now. It is 4:45PM. CBS News comes on at 5:30PM. When it comes on I will watch it.

The dad of the black kitten is out there eating now. It is just as pitch black as that kitten. Scruffie was here when I got home and I have already fed her. This guy is really enjoying the cat food she left.

More later...

At 7:00PM. I took my bath and at 7:45PM, Keith, my oldest son, called and visited with me quite  awhile. That was nice!  My boys are really good about keeping in touch...about as good as my daughter, Leslie.

I will go to bed at 9:00PM


No comments: