Monday, July 6, 2020

Monday and Laundry

I woke up at 5:00AM and got up to strip my bed and do laundry. I got that started and also started my breakfast I saw all kinds of cats waiting for their breakfast so I filled the dishes and set them out front. Three kittens, Scruffie and one of the yellow adolescent cats came to eat. When they finished, I brought in the food and used their water to water my hanging plant and then gave them more clean water. They finished and went back across the street.

I finished mine too and put the laundry in the dryer. The apartment is clean and the bed has been remade and I even mended the old top sheet which had developed a tear where Missy had scratched that area. It is still usable and I have three sets of sheets...two rather old. And Leslie bought me the third set when she bought me the new mattress and box spring.

More later....

About 8:15AM, Big Yellow Tom came to eat. I had taken the food in after Scruffie finished her meal.  I started o bring the food out but he was determined to come in the door. I finally closed the door and went out through the garage with his food. He met me at the garage door. I could see he had lost some weight. It had been at least a week since he had come here to eat..what with all the noise of the fireworks...speaking of which...it didn't stop last night until way after 11:00PM...on July 5th. I don't know where enforcement in Caney is but it sure wasn't on State street. Both north and south on State Street continued to fire off noisy fireworks. I think it's disgusting how careless of other's rights many of this generation is. And I think it's just as bad that their parents don't seem to care either.

I had a frozen meal for lunch and about 1:00PM the mail came and my John Bolton book, "The Room Where it Happened" finally came. I spent some of the afternoon reading in it. So far, it sounds like just what the Trump behavior was at the beginning of his administration. I got about 50 pages of it read. I will probably read in it this evening and tomorrow too.

Scruffie came over three or four times to eat and I had to continually put the food out and take it back in to keep ants out of it. I don't know if any of them will come for supper. They didn't come for the past week as all the noise from the fireworks scared them away.

We were forecast for rain at 50% for this afternoon, but as usual, the forecast has produced nothing. I did go across the street with a grocery sack and cleaned up the mess the young son left just across the street after the 4th of July. He just left that mess in the street.

More later...

I read my new book all afternoon and into the evening. I took my bath  at 7:00PM and then went to bed  shortly after 9:00PM.


No comments: