Sunday, July 5, 2020

Sunday and Online Church

I finally got to sleep last night. The dozen or so boys in my neighborhood were still shooting them off at 11:00PM. It has been that way for a week now. I think it's ridiculous  to do that for an entire week. In Coffeyville it was two days. That's reasonable.

I am having the yard mowed this afternoon. It had been only six days but it looks bad. Krystal says they will be over around 3:00PM.

I only have the dusting to do today. It didn't rain last night after all.  The weather people miss it as more then they get it right.

I have had my breakfast and texted Bob. He is just now getting his coffee too.

And I opened my door to six cats looking for breakfast. None of them came for supper last night...way too much noise for them. They were very hungry. It has been weeks since I have seen the other gray kitten. She brings three of them with her usually but she had four originally.  And I haven't seen the original gray cat that started me feeding her last year after I moved here. She was chased off several months ago by Big Yellow Tom. He might had caught her and killed her. Scruffie is gray but she is mottled...not pure gray like that mama cat. that came into my apartment that time.

More later....

Leslie texted me midmorning and asked me to come to lunch following the morning online worship service and I accepted. I dropped by "The Shed" and bought an Amish baked apple pie.to take, When I got to John and Leslie's she had just been called in....she was on call. She texted her partner, Mary Beth, and asked her to wait until 1:30PM for her to come in since she had just started lunch and wanted to eat before she came in. That was alright with Mary Beth who had just got out of the shower herself.  John cooked the hamburgers and corn on the cob and Leslie fixed onion rings and french fries. She and I had iced tea and John had Dr Pepper. We all had apple pie. I left the rest for them and took one piece for myself.

I had to come home at 3:30PM because Krystal called and was ready to mow my yard. She did a nice job.

I downloaded another free book from Amazon and read all evening until 9:00PM when I took my bath and got ready to go to bed at 10:00PM. It's July 5th and they are still shooting off fireworks here on my block..

Darn Kids!!

No comments: