Thursday, April 22, 2021

Thursday and Their Anniversary


Today is Keith and Esther’s Anniversary. Once again I slept well on the trundle.I dressed and snuck into the bedroom to the bathroom and made up my face and combed my hair.  Then I fixed my oatmeal and breakfast bar. I am now working on my coffee. It is 6:51AM…the latest I have slept for awhile.

I had an e-mail from Dean. He thinks he is back to “normal” again and wants to think about coming to visit me again. Last year on a trip back from Houston where he visited relatives, he had a heart episode and instead of stopping here he went on back home to Topeka. Rod, his son, called 911 and he went to the hospital where he had four stints put in his heart. That made six or eight, I think. I would like to visit with him but I am a little leery of his heart. He is 85 too…a couple of weeks younger then me. I advised him to consult with Rod…and perhaps his doctor.

We will go to Myrtle’s Market here in Caney today so Esther can look around. Then we will stop at that big place on the highway and look around there too. But first they will have to get up and dress and have their breakfast. They are later sleepers that I am. Esther slept until 9:30AM yesterday. Keith was up earlier….but not as early as me.

More later…I want to go watch the “weather on the 8’s” now and check on the cats. I did both.

Then after Keith got up I fixed him some oatmeal too. Later we drove around Caney and looked at houses that were in good shape and some that were in terrible shape. We stopped at Myrtle’s Market and Esther looked around. Then we were to the other store on the highway and she browsed some more. She bought a couple of things at both stores.

Then we stopped at Sonic and had a light lunch and then came back home so the kids could get a small nap.

About 3:15PM we went to Independence and once again looked around at the houses there too. We looked through four or five antique stores there too before we finally went by the restaurant and got a table. When John came we waited for Leslie before we all ordered. We had fine dinner and then hugged and came back home. The cats were waiting for supper so I fed them again. Then we watched TV until I took my bath and got ready for bed. Then they did the same thing. They were very tired too.


No comments: