Saturday, April 24, 2021

Saturday and the Kids Leave

 I slept pretty well last night on the trundle bed. I only woke up one time to go to the bathroom. I woke up shortly before 6:00AM and got up and quietly went into the bathroom and made up my face.  I dressed in the den and then fixed my breakfast and coffee.

The kids will be leaving sometime this morning for Tulsa to catch their plane to Phoenix. I will sure miss them. We have had a great visit and several good meals out. I had fixed a pot of chili but they only ate it once.  I never even fixed the roast. I will freeze it for another day. It's 6:33AM now and they are still sleeping.

In a bit I will go turn on the "weather on the 8's" and see what they can expect for weather to Tulsa for their plane. Earlier, it forecast rain.I don't know if that's still in the forecast or not. This is Kansas and the weather is mostly uncertain.

I fed four cats this morning.Three of then were yellow and then there was Inky. I still haven't seen Scruffie in days. She may be nursing kittens.

More later...  

We had a great visit! The next time they come, they are going to drive. `I have a couple of old computers Keith will rebuild and sell if possible. And Esther will take the china I have given her. I will pack it up in the banker's boxes I have and cushion it with padding.

I cleaned the apartment after they left. My regular cleaning day is Thursday but I definitely was not going to clean while they were here and I had plenty of time after they left. I went out to Sonic and bought a Wacky Pack child's meal of chicken and french fries and a small coke. I was going to have chili but I was out of crackers. I looked at the grocery store but they didn't have the kind I buy. I will get some later.

I tried to call Nancy but no one answered. Same old, same old. The visiting angels would be there today anyhow. My only opportunity to see her now will be Tuesday and Wednesday. This next week it will have to be Tuesday since I have my hair appointment on Wednesday next week and then game day in the afternoon.  

I did go out to Dollar General this morning to get Cran Grape juice and popcorn. The grocery store doesn't carry Cran Grape juice. They don't carry Kerig coffees either. I will have to get those at Walmart, I guess. I still have plenty right now though.

I did some laundry this afternoon...towels, underwear and that kind of thing. I texted most of the congregation too and told them I was looking forward to seeing them at church tomorrow.

More later...

I read most of the evening besides feeding the cats again. Scruff and Blondie and Inky came for supper.

About 7:30PM, I took my bath and put my pjs and robe on. I will go back to my book again until time to go to bed about 9:00PM.

5 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your son and his wife.

When my son comes home on leave, when it's time for him to go back again, I usually end up watching him drive away and then crying for a bit until I snap out of it. I wonder if that will ever get any easier.

Galla Creek said...

So glad you got to spend this time with your son and his wife.

Margie's Musings said...

Probably not Susie. Both my boys spent 24 years in he army and it was always hard to see them go. They are both retired now, thank goodness!

Thank you, Sister-Three, we had a wonderful visit!

Kay said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice visit, Margie. I wish I could see my kids too. Sigh...

Donna. W said...

I'm glad you had a good visit with your son and his wife. It's always nice to be with family.