Friday, May 28, 2021

Friday and Possibly Nancy

 I went to bed at 11:00PM last night. I just wanted to finish my latest book from Amazon. It was another murder mystery. 

My second cousin, Tricia, who calls me "aunt" Margie, called last evening to tell me her dad and my cousin Pat's widower, Everett, would be coming to decorate graves tomorrow and would be by to see me and visit with me between 2:00PM and 6:00PM tomorrow. She wanted to be sure I would be home and available for the visit. I usually see them once a year over the Memorial Day holiday. I don't believe I saw them last year. They were not aware I had moved to Caney and so they missed me.

I took the plants back outside again this morning. I don't know whether it is forecast for more rain or not.  I will check the weather shortly. When I opened the front door to do that, two of the yellow cats were out there waiting for their breakfast..Scruff and Blondie. I put the plant down and fed them and then hung the plant back on the hook.Then I put the second plant back on the glass topped table on my small patio.

I texted back and forth with Laura, Nancy's Thursday caregiver, last evening. She says Nancy wants to see me. I told Laura, who is an RN, I would come over at 10:00AM this morning and see if I could raise her. If I can, I will visit with her this morning....otherwise..not.

Yesterday's rains rained out the Thursday activities of the Caney Centennial. They have been rescheduled for Sunday evening. Sunday will be a busy day....that's for sure....including fireworks. I dread that. The noise always keeps me awake.

I will go turn on the TV and check the weather forecast.

So, more later...  

Everett called and told me he planned to be here around 2:30PM tomorrow. 

It looks like today will be sunshiny but most of next week is rain forecast. I'd almost bet Dean won't come because of that. 

I can't blame him after all the rain we've had and now what is forecast for the next week. 

I picked Nancy up at10:00AM  and we went to eat at Eggbert's at lunch time. She insisted on buying my lunch. Then we went to look around Caney to see what streets were open and after that we went to Dewey and Bartlesville and drove around both communities. It's 2:15PM now and I am tired but we had a beautiful sunny day. We also had a good lunch at Eggbert's. I understand they will be closed at 2:00PM on Saturday so I may have to take Everett to Copan for lunch. He isn't supposed to be here until 2:30PM tomorrow. 

I guess I will go read for awhile. 

I finally finished this puzzle. It took me a couple of weeks to do it but I finally got it done...500 pieces.

May be art of table

I looked out front and Scruff was out there waiting to be fed. She was the only one there when I took food out.  The others may be there after they see supper is served.

It's after 7:00PM now and I will go get my bath done. It's been  a big day. I went to the market after I took Nancy home and bought the makings for my potato salad. That's what I'm taking to John and Leslie's cookout after church on Sunday.

I will then read on my latest book that I downloaded from Amazon this morning.

I will try to get to bed at a decent hour tonight. I stayed up and read until 11:00PM last night.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I tried working puzzles but I get bogged down doing them.

Donna. W said...

Me too, Sister-Three.