Thursday, May 27, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept pretty well last night and was up before 5:00AM. I am dressed and ready for the day. I will get my breakfast fixed and watch the weather in awhile.

I plan to clean the apartment this morning since it is Thursday and I am a creature of habit.  I started another book last evening and later I may work on reading that.

I see we are forecast for severe storms today. Large hail too, they say. I will certainly leave my car in the garage and hope we don't get any severe and strong storms or tornado. 

I haven't opened the door yet so I don't know if we have any cats out there waiting for their breakfast. I had better check. It's not quite light out yet.  

It's 7:56AM now and I have fed two cats at one time and another one later. They were all three the blond ones. I have not seen Inky today.

I have started my cleaning and have done all the mopping and all the vacuuming except the dining room. I have the throw rugs in the dryer on fresh air.  That gets the dust out of them.

I really don't have a plan for today. It's supposed to storm so I may just read. There is supposed to be hail too and I sure don't want my car out in that. 

More later..after I finish my vacuuming.

I got my mopping and vacuuming done and the sweeper cleaned up and put away. I leave the filters out to dry overnight. I will put them back in tomorrow.

I do need to go out to Dollar General and get some more wet swifter pads. I just used the last ones. The sun is shining now so this is the time to go..before the storm starts. The wind is coming up now so it may not be long.

It's almost 10:00AM now and I have been reading for an hour or so. I need to get out to Dollar General before the rain moves in so I'd better do it now. I just put the solar cat back out to soak up sun sun rays. The rains have not come in yet.

It's 11:20AM and the rains have started. I went out and brought in the solar kitty. If it get real violent, I will bring in my hanging plants too. They are too pretty to be ruined.

Even later...

My daughter, Leslie and her husband are having a cookout Sunday after church and I plan to take potato salad to it. She is serving homemade ice cream and I love her homemade ice cream.   

It's  12:31PM now and the rain has stopped and the sun is out. Surely that's not all of our predicted "storm". 

It's 12:42PM now and the wind and thunder are back and a little bit of rain. Surely with all the wind and thunder, more is to come. 

Sure enough, it's pouring down rain now. I don't look for the hail though. It's 85 degrees here. But the wind and rain are furious. It's good thing I got my errand done this morning.

More even later....

It's 3:45PM now and it's been raining hard on and off all afternoon. I just brought my hanging basket flowers in before they get ruined. I took a couple of dinner plates in the den and on the floor just inside the front door and put the flowers on those. They look pretty ragged..soaking wet. But they will dry here in the house. 

 

 May be an image of flower and indoor 

This is the one in the den.

I put the one from the back in the den on a dinner plate and the one from the front on that rug in front of the front door.

May be an image of flower, indoor and outdoors 

And this is the one near the front door. They are both thoroughly soaked.

Then I got the broom from the garage and swept off the small patio area and the front small porch area.  I am afraid my back flowerbed will be well over watered. :) It's nearly 4:00PM now and it's been raining since 1:00PM.

In a little while I will get a banana and have that for my supper. Then I will watch the evening CBS news. After that I will read some more until time for my bath at 7:00PM.  I will plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. (unless I get wound up in that book).

Blast it! I was washing my favorite pitcher...one that I have had for 25 years..and I set it on the drainer to dry upside down and turned my back to it and heard a terrible crash and the pitcher had rolled off the counter and broken into a zillion pieces. 

It took me quite awhile to clean up the mess and now I have no pitcher. When I next go to Coffeyville I will go to the antique mall and see if I can find another just as nice. How disgusting! And how careless of me!

Oh well...

Back to the book...

 

 

3 comments:

Summer said...

just curious, what are you reading?

Suemn said...

It is supposed to rain here all day today so it'll be a bit of a lazy day for me. I will finish reading a book and start on another book. I'm glad our libraries have opened for us to go in and select books. I was able to get a couple books from the library earlier this week. Yay! The cats are back!

Margie's Musings said...

I have started reading "The Killing Club". I usually read murder mysteries but I just finished one about a boy and his horses called "Winter of the Crystal Dances". It was pretty good.