Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Wednesday and Game Day

 I slept pretty well last night but was up a little earlier then usual...shortly after 4:30AM. I dressed and made up my bed and face and am having my breakfast and coffee now. I had gone to bed at 9:00PM after all. I had recorded "Bull" and so I watched it early and got to bed early. After the mowing, I was tired.

This morning I have my 9:00AM-9:30AM hair appointment in Coffeyville. If I am there early, I listen to NPR on the radio or read my Kindle and sometimes,,most of the time...she calls me in early. 

I will usually get a cherry limeade slush at Sonic until 1:00PM when game day begins. That lasts until 3:00PM or so and then I come back home. 

I have finished my breakfast now so I will go watch the weather and see if any cats are here for breakfast.

So, more later.... 

The two yellow cats were there waiting for breakfast.... that's Blondie and Scruff. I don't see Inky anywhere although he may come after he sees the others eating. 

It's foggy this morning. I will need to be careful driving over to Coffeyville. I won't leave until 8:30AM and it's only 6:00AM right now. So maybe it will burn off after the sun comes up further.

Scruff is gone now. Blondie is lying in his favorite spot...just outside my front door on the doormat.

More later... 

I read until 8:30AM and then left for Coffeyville. I took  my Kindle with me so I could read it while my hair processed. I have my color and cut today. Afterward I stopped at Sonic there and had my kid's Wacky Pack for lunch. 

I went out to Walmart to get my flavored water and some other stuff I can't find at our market here like my Chai Latte and large packages of my breakfast bars.

I went to the senior center and stopped there in the parking area and read my Kindle until I finished my book.

When I came time for game day, I helped Karan get the chairs around the table. We had some neat snacks so I won't need supper. I gave what was left of mine to Darlene.

Afterward I came back home.

I see Brandon, my neighbor, mowed today. That's good. His yard was a worse mess then mine had been. Everyone in the neighborhood is trying to get their mowing done before tomorrow's storm.

Dean had said in his last e-mail that he might drive down here on Sunday. I suggested that if he did that, he might come out to Leslie and John's for the cookout after church with the homemade ice cream. I didn't hear from him today. Maybe later he will answer me.

More later... 

I did finally hear from Dean. He is planning to still come unless something unforeseen comes up. He is Rod's caregiver at the moment. I thought he originally had a caregiver that lived with them but if he did, he may have lost him. I imagine it would be too difficult to bring Rod with him. So if something unexpected comes up, he may have to cancel his trip down. I told him I would certainly understand if that happened. Rod is his primary responsibility.

It is 8:27PM and I have had my bath and am ready for bed but I think I will go read for awhile.

I plan to go to bed somewhere around 9:00PM.Tomorrow is house cleaning and laundry day. 

No comments: