Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Tuesday and Cake Deliverys and Mowing

I had another good night's sleep last night. 

As I was making up my face, Scott, my younger son, called this morning. An old school friend of his, Steve Falleaf, had had a massive heart attack and died. Scott and Steve were "always in trouble" friends in high school. He (and Scott) would be 60 years old now.

Scott and his wife, Ginger, are celebrating their anniversary this month and are going to San Antonio, Texas to celebrate the occasion.

Leslie, my daughter, had just notified me last evening that an old friend of Bob's and mine, Dean Holt, had died. Dean would have turned 80 this past February.  We used to take Dean and Paula, his wife, and their three kids camping with us and our three kids when we were all young. Both Dean and Paula are both dead now. They were five years younger then me. Paula died several years ago as she was crossing the road at her home to get the mail from the mailbox. A car hit her. How things can change on a dime!! 

Dean's cousin, Myra, had just told me his kids were planning to celebrate his 80th birthday this next month. His birthday was in February but June was the only time they all could get together. Dean's oldest daughter, Deannelle, had died several years ago. So it would have been only Jennifer and David, his surviving kids.

I have dressed and had my breakfast and are just getting ready to turn on the weather and check for the cats as I drink my Chai latte. So I will get back to this later. 

There were NO cats out there waiting for breakfast. How about that!! And it's 6:49AM so if they were wanting breakfast they would be here by now.

My yard really needs mowing now but we are forecast for rain and probable hail today. I will get the cakes, deliver them and get back home and put my car in the garage... hopefully before that begins.

More later... 

Scruff, the small blond cat, finally came for breakfast. I took the double bowl and one extra square bowl out there... just in case Inky or Blondie come too. I haven't seen Scruffy, Scruff's mother, for weeks. I think she's gone for good. Scruff is a young female but probably too young to be going into heat yet.

However, she is pretty "round" now...so who knows. Both Inky and Blondie are male siblings. Scruff is drinking water from their water bowl now and getting ready to leave. She must be full now. 

I see Blondie is out there eating and drinking water now. All we need to see now is Inky.  Blondie is lying down at my front door...his favorite place to rest.

It's 7:04AM now and I want to leave for Coffeyville at 8:00AM. I want to try to beat any hail that may actually happen.

More later... 

I got there in plenty of time to pick up Karan's cake and Phyllis' too. I also washed my car and dried.I want to vacuum it out while it is in the garage. I think the Caney car wash/vacuum only takes quarters and I have no quarters. I will just use my vacuum in the garage.  I haven't seen any hail yet and only a few sprinkles of rain.

When I got home I checked the yard and it was almost completely dry so I mowed the front. I was worn out after that so I sat down and drank most of a bottle of water. If it doesn't rain this afternoon, I will mow the back after I get rested up then.

May be an image of grass and tree 

This is the larger view of it. I am so glad to get the front done. If I can get the back done this afternoon I will be delighted. The west side can wait. I can't do it the same day and we are forecast rain for the entire week. It's 11:02AM now and I am still resting.:) 

But I had better get out there and vacuum out that car. If it's still not raining when I finish that, I will trim the front.

I got the car vacuumed out and I think it looks better although in the garage it's hard to tell.  The light isn't the best in there.

So more later...

I got the back mowed this afternoon. I still have the trimming to do and I have asked the teenager if she would mow the west side again this week for  $10. I haven't heard back from her yet. 

May be an image of grass

I just heard from her mom and she said Yes! If it doesn't rain (like it's forecast) it would all be done for another week. I need to drink some water and get out there and trim.

I got the trimming finished just before the battery went down. I have the battery on the charger now.

The teenager came right over and is out there mowing the west side now. It will be all finished before the rain starts...I hope.

More later...

She got it mowed in no time and I paid her the $10. I owed her for it.

It began raining almost immediately after she left. I was so glad she came when she did.

While it was raining, Scruff came to eat and she stayed for an hour lying on the doormat where it was dry. I took her out some dinner and she ate. When she finished and the rain let up, she left and I brought in the bowl.

Then I came in and read until time for my bath at 7:00PM. I plan to go to bed later this evening. I had recorded "Bull" last night and I want to watch it tonight. So it will be 10:00PM before I go to bed.

1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your garden statue with the three birds in your flower bed looks very pretty there.