Saturday, May 29, 2021

Saturday and Company

I slept well again last night and was up around 5:00AM. I washed my sheets in preparation for Dean's visit..if he gets to come. I also bought a new mattress pad for my bed. The old one was decades old. I also need to buy some new twin sized sheets for my daybed and trundle. I just haven't got around to that yet. When I have company, I sleep on the trundle.

I stopped to put the laundry in the dryer. I am back now, My cousin's widower will be here this afternoon. He says around 2:00PM to 2:30PM. His oldest daughter, Tricia,  may come too but she will drive in from Colorado and meet him here.  They haven't been here since I moved.

Pat, my cousin, died about three years ago. She was seven years younger then me. Everett has not remarried....and probably won't now. He is one year younger then me.

I don't know how long ago Dean lost his wife. It's been years though.

I need to go check on the weather and the cats. I will get back to this later. 

When I opened the front door only Blondie and Scruff were there. I haven't seen Inky for a few days. And I haven't seen Scruffie, the grey cat for weeks...ever since the others ran her off when she came to eat. Blondie and Scruff are eating like they haven't eaten in days..and they were just here yesterday.

I haven't seen the weather yet. It must have just run before I turned on the TV.

I see we're supposed to have rain Monday and Tuesday next week. I wonder if that will cancel Dean's visit.

Both cats had eaten their fill and gone so I brought the bowls in and took out the broom and swept off the front area. I have set the solar kitty back outside to absorb  the sun's rays...if it ever comes out. Right now it's cloudy but not raining.

I have dried most of the laundry and folded and put it away. Some of it is still damp so I put it back in the dryer and started it again.

More later...

It's 10:37AM now and I have just finished making the potato salad for tomorrow's lunch/cook out after church at John and Leslie's. I have it stashed in the frig to chill. I will take it to church tomorrow unless Leslie and the girls come today to see Everett and then I can send it home with her...if she's going home.

Everett and Tricia arrived around 3:00PM and Leslie and the little girls came soon after. We had a nice visit and then after Leslie went back out to the school he took Tricia and I to lunch. We went to the Copan truck stop.They have very big crowds and today was no exception to that. They also have very good food.  

After we ate, they really needed to get over to Coffeyville to decorate graves and find a motel room. So they left.

I came in and read until about 6:30PM and then I took my bath and put my pjs and robe on and read some more. I developed a bad back ache and took a couple of Aleve tablets. Within twenty minutes, it was fine. Aleve works for me! 

It's 7:45PM now and I am getting tired. I will read for an hour or so more and try to get to bed at 9:00PM.  



 

No comments: