Friday, June 4, 2021

Friday and Working in the Yard

I slept well until 2:00AM when news notifications began beeping and waking me up.  Finally after the fourth sleep interruption, I turned on the light, got my glasses and went through the notifications and turned some off.....especially the news. I get my news from the TV and radio. I don't need to be notified by phone. Then I managed to get back to sleep until almost 6:00AM. I got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day and had my breakfast and coffee and Chai Latte .  So it's almost 7:00AM now and I will bet the cats think they aren't going too get their breakfast. I'd better go check the weather too...but first...the cats. 

More later... 

Only Blondie was out there..no scruff, no Inky either. Weird! Maybe scruff will show up later. 

It's nearly 7:00AM now.  So more even later...I have the weather on now.

It's 8:45AM now and John just texted me that he will be here between 9:30AM and 10:00AM with my new front flowerbed and pasture dirt to fill it.  He's also going to trim the tree in my front yard. And I want him to cut down the one next to the foundation in the back yard before it ruins the foundation. He is also going to check out the leaky guttering in the back over the larger flowerbed. 

I also need him to open the window on the west side of the living room. I tried to get it up yesterday so I could get the screen off but I couldn't budge it. I want Suzanne to get a new screen for  it. This one is full of holes.

After he gets the flowerbed in, I will go buy some flowers to put in it.

More later..(it's so good to have a handy and willing son-in-law!!!) 

I swept out the garage and my drive this morning and my neighbor's driveway too.  

John came about 10:00AM or so and got all my projects done. He started with the new flowerbed. He dug out the grass (if you can call it that) and put the new above ground flower bed in there and added good dirt and pasture dirt to it. 

Then he cleaned out the gutters in the back on my end of the duplex . They were being clogged with gravel from the roof and leaves from the nearby trees. They were so full the water was running over when it rained instead of draining. He took out the little tree growing under the foundation next to that drain. We knew that would eventually be hard on the foundation. He poisoned it so it wouldn't come back. He trimmed the tree in front that had grown so low that I was having trouble mowing under it. He raised the window on the west side and took off the screen so Suzanne could have a new one made.

He trimmed my hedge back to all parts of it the same size and I took my rake and broom and cleaned those leaves up.

Then he used his chain saw and cut up the branches he had cut from the tree in front and loaded them into his truck. He used tie downs to secure them.

After he left and I drank some more water, I took my black yard bag and raked up the leaves and small pieces of branches on the yard and put them in that black yard bag. I went to the back and raked up what little mess was still there and put that in the yard bag too.  

I offered to take him to lunch but he said he was too sweaty to go to a restaurant.  I intend to buy him a gift card for El Pubeblo in Coffeyville. He did a lot of work for me!

He's a jewel!!

Now I want to go get some bedding plants to put in there. I will look first at the market. There are a couple of more places in Caney to buy them so I will be able to get them here in town.

More later .....It's 1:56PM now. I want to get that new flowerbed filled.

I went to the market first but nearly all their reds were gone. I bought what they had left in other colors.  So I went to Myrtle's and found some red there.  I watered the plants with my pitcher since I only have a hose at the back of the duplex. I hope the plants live.Those from the market were awfully dry. I will need to water them daily in this heat.

 May be an image of flower and outdoors 

The post is my mailbox post. The red shows up online. Good!

I put snapdragons on the back row, sun patients in the middle row and Cecolia in front. If I keep them watered daily, they should be fine. I hope!!

Here's one showing the mailbox.


May be an image of outdoors

It's 3:39PM now and I will read awhile. I am very tired and have not eaten any lunch either.  I had better eat some lunch.

More even later... 

I went out to Eggbert's  but they are closed at 2:00PM on Fridays so I went to Pizza Hut and had a personal pan pizza and a small Doctor Pepper. I hadn't had a personal pan pizza in months.So that tasted good. While I was there, Keith called and we had a good visit. The kids are very good to me....all of them....even their spouses.

It's almost  time for the news so I will get back to this later...

It's nearly 7:00PM and I have just had my bath. I will read until 9:00PM. I imagine I will be ready for bed then. There's really nothing much on Friday nights..certainly nothing I am interested in. I will read until 9:00PM, just as I planned.

6 comments:

Summer said...

I'm looking forward to pictures (hint) (hint).

Galla Creek said...

Show us your new flowerbed. Can’t wait to see what you buy for it.

Margie's Musings said...

I have pictures of the flowerbed alone and one with the mailbox showing in full. I also added the information about the flowers I planted.

Suemn said...

What a beautiful flowerbed!

Galla Creek said...

Oh, it will add to the front of your house. I love it.

Kay said...

I have my phone scheduled to Do Not Disturb from 8PM until 6 AM. However, my kids and certain family members are exempt from that in case of emergency. If you have an iPhone, it’s under Settings and then Do Not Disturb. I’ll bet Android has something like that too.